: We are a mutual insurance company owned by our policy holders across Iowa and South Dakota, and we’ve built our reputation on nearly 85 years’ worth of trust. We are not motivated by profits, but instead motivated by the well-being of our friends, family, and neighbors ─ our members. If you’re passionate about joining an organization who puts its members and employees first, provides best-in-class service, and is committed to sustainability and innovation, consider applying today!
Why Wellmark Technology?
Wellmark is building innovative, modern solutions using cutting edge technology. We drive organizational transformation and business strategy by empowering our Technology team to innovate new and elegant solutions that enhance the customer experience. Together, we’re leaning into the future, owning the outcome and driving change to evolve the way we work.
More about our unique benefit offerings here.
More about working at Wellmark here.
About the Career:
Leads Facets system development and the design for highly complex solutions that are efficient and cost effective, which support Wellmark’s business and Technology initiatives. Serves as a subject matter expert for other engineers to ensure the end product aligns with business expectations and development logic meets Wellmark standards and security requirements. Utilizes established relationships with Wellmark leaders and acts as a consultant on engineering and business process improvements and technology enhancements or capabilities.
- 9 years of related and applicable experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field of study AND at least 5 years of development experience
- informal leadership / consulting experience
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills. Accuracy and high attention to detail. Previous experience troubleshooting and developing creative technical solutions. Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex issues.
- Demonstrated experience in software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and coach/mentor team members, while setting an example in maintaining a positive attitude, staying calm under pressure, being approachable, and respectful and taking responsibility for failures.
- Big picture thinker with the ability to translate the value of the Wellmark as a Service (WaaS) strategy to company strategy when making design and development decisions.
- Demonstrated, strong ability to gather information, perform necessary research needed for root cause analysis, problem definition and formulation, recommend solution implementation, verification, and ongoing optimization, using data to support recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties. Ability to communicate key information in a timely manner to the appropriate stakeholder audience with the ability to adjust communication style that will best suit the audience.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Excellent organizational skills. Strong time management skills with the ability to set and meet established timeframes with little direction, while assuring data and information integrity.
- Eagerness to learn and stay current on industry trends and have a continuous learning mindset.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team to accomplish goals and/or solve problems. Ability to earn trust and respect from peers, leadership, and stakeholders. Ability to learn by actively listening and applying coaching feedback.
- Ability to lead, support and work within a diverse development team model including global staffing, crowd sourcing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Facets Experience
- Experience working within an Agile team environment.
- Experience partnering with global staffing vendors to deliver projects.
- Lead system development and engineering for highly complex programs. Coordinate the preparation, coding, testing, and debugging of complex programs; including the analysis and development of workflows that utilize emerging technology and meet and exceed Wellmark’s evolving business needs.
- Serve as subject matter expert in the implementation of innovative and cost-effective business solutions for multiple applications and systems utilizing information technology, business, and industry trends.
- Provide leadership, training, and guidance to others on the team in the gathering of information, necessary research needed for root cause analysis, problem definition and formulation, solution implementation, verification, and ongoing optimization. Ensure analysis of defects to find root cause and guide others in the identification of potential improvement opportunities.
- Mentor, guide and problem-solve with other technology areas in the development and implementation of solutions, including how to use new or enhanced software/applications.
- Coordinate with company resources to accomplish integration of products and processes and complex solutions. Provide timely and accurate results, and exceptional customer service.
- Utilize established relationships with Wellmark leaders and acts as a primary consultant on business status, issues, process improvements and technology enhancements or capabilities.
- Participate in project proposals, estimates and proof-of-concept activities as needed.
- Maintain awareness of industry’s best practices and standards and proactively participates in industry/knowledge reference groups relative to role. Provide direction for enterprise standards. Conduct code reviews and monitor standard adherence.
- Other duties as assigned.
You will have the flexibility to work where you are most productive. This position is eligible to work fully remote. Depending on your location, you may still have the option to come into a Wellmark office if you wish to. Your leader may ask you to come into the office occasionally for specific meetings or other ‘moments that matter’ as well.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield is to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact us at email@example.com