is seeking a Sr. SOC Cyber Security Analyst
to join a team of passionate innovators and problem-solvers, empowered to rise above challenges and swarm around solutions. Here, at our Dunwoody office we are energized by the fact that our work is important. We are driven to make work as easy as possible for our Members, Customers, Partners and Employees.
Help us lead the way in Utility Software, join a winning company and thrive.
- Day Shift 7am-7pm - week 1 - W, TH, F, SA and week 2 - TH, F, SA*
This person will perform accurate and precise real-time analysis and correlation of logs/alerts from a multitude of client devices with a focus on the determination of whether said events constitute security incidents. You will analyze and assess security incidents and escalate to client resources or appropriate internal teams for additional assistance. Manage all customer situations in a professional manner with emphasis on customer satisfaction. Handle clients’ requests and questions received via phone, e-mail, or an internal ticketing system in a timely and detail-oriented fashion in order to resolve a multitude of information security related situations.
This person needs to be able to interact with, configure, and troubleshoot network intrusion detection devices and other security systems via proprietary and commercial consoles, both local and remote.Required Qualifications
3 years of experience working in a SOC, NOC, fusion center or in incident response function.
TCP/IP 3-way handshakes, protocols on the OSI network model, packet analysis in CIDR notation, RFC1918 addressing, or understand broadcast vs unicast addresses
Build or constructed queries/visualizations/dashboards in Splunk, writing queries and visualizations
Experience performing analysis of security events to determine root cause and provide resolution.
Working knowledge of security tools such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, A/V, anti-spam, content management, server and network device hardening, SIEM (Elasticsearch preferred).
Ability to understand and follow incident response procedures and take direction in a fast-paced environment.
Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity.
Represent the company at conferences and networking events.
Adheres to all Meridian Cooperative corporate policies and procedures.
Travel as required.Any Additional Responsibilities Assigned By Management.
Technical Skills Needed:
Significant Theoretical And Practical Knowledge In The Following Areas
Linux and Windows based operating systems
Well-known networking protocols and services (FTP, HTTP, SSH, SMB, LDAP, etc.)
Exploits, vulnerabilities, network attacks
Packet analysis tools (tcpdump, Wireshark, ngrep, netcat, etc.) regular expressions
Searching for information by writing structured queries against datasets present in backends such as Elasticsearch, SQL, Splunk, etc
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Attention to detail and great organizational skills
Excellent problem-solving skills that would allow for the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
Customer-oriented with a strong interest in client satisfaction
The ability to learn new technology and concepts quickly
Ability to work alone and in team environmentWe Offer
- Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision that starts on the first day of employment.
- Education/Training Reimbursement
- On-Site Education Courses
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health/Wellness Reimbursement (fitness tracking device one-time up to $300)
- Excellent Life Insurance & Disability
- Vacation: 22 days of accrued time off (no waiting period). 9 holidays which include the day after Thanksgiving & Christmas Eve. Up to 240 hours of vacation time can rollover to the following year.
- Volunteer Time: 8 hours per year
- Retirement: very robust 401K employees are 100% vested in the Company-funded employer basic contributions from the date they enter the plan. The Company will match 100% of each dollar you contribute on the first five percent (5%) of eligible compensation that you contribute to your account. Employer basic contribution eligibility occurs on the first day of the month following the employee’s completion of one year of continuous service (contribution of 4-11% of base salary based on years of service).
In addition to a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, and matching 401(k), also offer:
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Flexible Hybrid Work Schedules
- In Office Gym
We were formed in 1976 by a group of Electric Membership Cooperatives with a vision for a single enterprise solution provider to serve data processing, IT, and operational needs to cooperatives, public utility districts, and municipal utilities. Through carefully curated acquisitions and partnerships, Meridian Co-op has unified multiple leading-edge companies under its umbrella in order to truly execute that vision. Today, the Meridian Suite serves over 500 utilities across the country with industry leading enterprise software solutions.