GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
OLG has been developing and implementing responsible gambling policies and programs for more than 25 years, and we have remained focused on engaging players and promoting harm prevention and reduction efforts across all our offerings and products – and our commitment to making player health a top priority will always be a cornerstone of our business.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Research and Policy Manager
to manage and execute research and policy development initiatives for its globally recognized responsible gambling (RG) program, PlaySmart
.YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director, Policy, Research & Strategy, you will be empowered to:
What You Need To Play
- Lead OLG’s responsible gambling research portfolio, including business intelligence, knowledge mobilization and partnerships with external researchers and RG stakeholders
- Develop new insights through external and internal research to find ways to advance and continuously improve OLG’s evidence-based RG program
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with key external RG stakeholders
- Deliver and enhance program evaluation tools and processes that facilitate impact and outcomes measurement
- Manage key initiatives to advance program objectives, with defined outcomes and impacts; contribute strategic insights for continuous improvement, consistent with team methods for measurement and monitoring program evaluation
- Contribute to Responsible Gambling program management and enhancement, including policy development based on strategies, requirements and priorities defined by the team’s senior leaders
- Manage procurement processes and external vendors to facilitate the development and delivery of responsible gambling initiatives
- Responsible for producing and delivering presentations and policy positioning to OLG’s senior leadership, AGCO and to external Responsible Gambling partners
- As an individual contributor, provide guidance to Analyst and Advisors and oversee accuracy of deliverables including written reports, research briefs and presentations
5+ years in a similar role with a focus in Corporate Social Responsibility or Environmental, social and governanceEducation:
University degree in business management, policy, or public health. Post-graduation qualifications are considered an assetCritical Skills:
Strong knowledge of policy, research, and evaluation methodologies; strong presentation skills; excellent interpersonal skillsNegotiation and Influence
: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationshipsStrategic Thinker
: strong strategic and critical thinker with ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutionsCollaboration & Fun
: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our workIntegrity and Trust
: do what's right and operate with transparency and opennessPERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
- You Matter: family friendly work practices and hybrid work
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
- Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success (Permanent OLG Employees Only)
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar
organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people
. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including hybrid work.Equity, diversity, and inclusion
are essential elements of our culture and cornerstones of the Five Truths that OLGers Live by. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario. OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario
. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.caWe look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by June 15, 2023.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.