Security & IT Specialist (Hybrid Role)
Do you want to make a difference every day? Then AMI is the place for you.
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit media company that entertains, informs, and empowers Canadians who are blind or partially sighted. Operating three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French, AMI’s vision is to establish and support a voice for Canadians with disabilities, representing their interests, concerns and values through accessible media, reflection, and portrayal.
We are currently looking for a Security & IT Specialist to join our team in Toronto. The Security & IT Specialist will Maintain AMI’s IT operations with focus on Security by installing and testing all IT hardware and software systems. Provide 2 nd and 3 rd level support as needed in a 7 by 24 environment, including the day-to-day security operations while interfacing with the third-party SOC and MSP as needed.
If you are interested in being part of such an awesome team and have the following qualifications, please let us know.
- Ensure the proper security posture of AMI network (i.e., LAN, SDWAN, cloud private and public) by working with vendors to test and assist with deployments at all locations and by submitting vendor tickets, and dealing directly with local vendors and business stakeholders, when necessary.
- Assist with the implementation of new security solutions, end-user education, participate in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures as well as conduct vulnerability audits and assessments with third party support. Implement and maintain security controls.
- Maintain the operation and quality of service of IT systems (desktop, hardware, and software) by installing and configuring new systems; testing and confirming compatibility with existing systems; and recommending modifications as required.
- Maintain corporate technology security standards by researching and testing required hardware and software patches prior to applying to end user production systems.
- Maintain the reliability of the IT systems by adhering to and executing the preventive maintenance schedule and activities as required. Ensure accurate record keeping of AMI assets by maintaining and updating inventory tracking of equipment deployments across AMI offices.
- Work with Senior Systems Administrator and 3 rd party support, SOC/SIEM to report on patching and patching effectiveness against vulnerabilities.
- Ensure optimal utilization of systems by participating in vendor training on the use and applications of all hardware and software and by providing users with training, procedures, and documentation to complete required tasks/activities.
- Support the on/off-boarding of employees by ensuring secure access to corporate resources.
- Provide support to all AMI staff by responding to Help Desk calls and emails and recording them in the Ticketing System, with established timelines. Prepare monthly reports by reviewing Help Desk tickets, identifying trends, recommending solutions for security related tickets. Team lead/member responsible for security related incidents.
- Diploma or undergraduate in Computer Science, Cyber security or certified in CompTIA Security+, other security related certifications (i.e., SSCP, GIAC Information Security Fundamentals, CISSP, Blue Team level 1) required
- Certification in CompTIA A+ , Cloud Security fundamentals required, Network +, CCNA, Meraki Certifications an asset. MIcrosoft Azure certified or Security Certified or MCSA, MCSA recommended
- 5- 8 years industry or related experience, Proven work Experience as a Cyber Security Specialist or similar role
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with a customer service orientation.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, schedule priorities and meet deadlines.
- Bilingual English/French an asset
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted