Do you thrive on the thrill of the start-up environment? Are you an entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and completing multiple complex tasks simultaneously? Does working in the high growth, ever changing industry of cybersecurity interest you? If you answered yes to these questions, then RedSeal is right for you!
The Channel Sales Manager wins, maintains and expands relationships with assigned channel partners and is responsible for achieving sales, profitability and partner recruitment objectives. This position will manage relationships within an assigned territory to increase RedSeal revenue with assigned partners by implementing effective training programs, qualified leads and campaigns built around RedSeal solutions.
Key success metrics include, but are not limited to, quota achievement, recruitment of channel partners, growth of existing resellers, timely fulfillment of orders by resellers, percentage of partners that participate in programs and promotions and number of partners trained.Performance Objectives
In This Role, You Will
- Achieve assigned sales quota and targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Sell through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Proactively lead the joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Be responsible for partner recruitment, management, education and execution of demand creation programs within the assigned territory.
- Drive programs to ensure that partners and customers are well informed about upcoming events, campaigns, promotions and other items of importance to ensure a positive ongoing experience.
- Build technical and sales readiness plans for the territory and implement.
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate the involvement of company representatives, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and expectations.
- Closely coordinate company executive involvement with partner and end-user customer management, as appropriate.
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure proper engagement for partner readiness and enablement.
- Maintain high partner satisfaction ratings.
- Manage potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Serve as the first line of escalation for handling channel conflict and dealing with related business issues.
- Ensure partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Play a key role in defining the vision, strategies and tactics around channel direction, including planning, designing and implementing strategic business objectives.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the channel team to set short and long-term channel strategies.
- Evaluate and manage new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, partnerships and/or alliances.
- Conduct market analysis and monitor competitive activity.
- Complete SFDC reporting, as required.
Additional Job Details
- 3 to 5 years of channel sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- 3+ years of sales experience in networking and/or security industries.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong established channel and VAR relationships within the North American region.
- Experience in developing MSSP and SaaS channel programs.
- Proven track record of success in achieving quota and executing channel sales programs.
- Ability to discuss and present, at a detailed level, technical product offerings and key competitive differentiators.
- In-depth knowledge of Strategic Partner/VAR organizations, processes and internal operations.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to articulate complex technology simply.
- Experience negotiating partner contracts.
- Experience with SFDC or similar tool.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources in a complex, competitive selling environment.
- Extensive experience engaging with senior executives.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and analytical skills.
- Strong decision-making, problem solving and negotiating skills.
- This is a remote position; only candidates located in major metropolitan areas will be considered.
- Extensive travel required. Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%.