At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Join the growing Healthcare Digital Solutions team at STERIS. This team develops leading edge software utilized in the Sterile Processing Departments of hospitals across the country. This position is fully remote and can be located anywhere in the Continental U.S.
The Manager of Product Cyber Security leads the global Healthcare Digital Solution product security effort encompassing full product lifecycle cyber security. As an individual contributor, this role supports other areas of the business in the sales and securing of STERIS’s Healthcare Digital Solutions and the identification of and responses to actual and potential cyber security threats to STERIS’s Healthcare Digital Solutions and services. Working closely with peers in Digital Consultancy and Solution Development the Manager of Product Security is accountable for planning and delivering appropriate security measures into the Healthcare Digital Solutions portfolio. Working closely with peers in Service Delivery Management, and corporate IT, the Manager of Product Security is accountable for the monitoring of actual and potential threats to the deployed solutions as well as defining and executing suitable response plans. There is potential to grow this team and for this role to manage direct reports as the scope of the role increases.
- Define and implement the appropriate Security Standards and Certifications that the differing solutions and services will adhere to.
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web, desktop and mobile applications built on industry leading technologies.
- Support the Sales and Commercial teams with the Security specific responses needed for RFP responses and Customer technical meetings.
- Instill a security first mindset through coaching and mentorship. Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement throughout the team.
- Support the technical leadership of STERIS Healthcare with Cyber Security strategy and be a representative for Infection Prevention Technology (IPT) on STERIS Cybersecurity Committee.
- Support the Sales and Commercial teams with the Security specific responses needed for RFP responses and Customer meetings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of IT security work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments.
- At least 5 years of experience with managing product security in an “as a service” (SAAS) environment and working with a broad range of diverse and complicated solutions.
- Understanding data security governance and cloud data architectures / security
- Strong technical aptitude, product common sense, and curiosity combined with a genuine love for products, people, and user experience.
- Well-versed in software security disciplines and principles with a keen sense of when to choose the right tool(s) for the job. Expert eye for detail and consistency.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
Desired Certifications / Technical Security Qualifications
- CISSP, Security / Network +, CCSP, SSCP, CSX-P, CISM, CISA)
- Information security qualifications tailored to the healthcare industry (e.g.HCISPP)
- Relevant Data Protection / Privacy Management qualification / Penetration testing
What STERIS Offers
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by
- 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.