TechInsights is the information platform for the semiconductor industry. Regarded as the most trusted source of actionable, in-depth intelligence related to semiconductor innovation and surrounding markets, TechInsights’ content informs decision makers and professionals whose success depends on accurate knowledge of the semiconductor industry—past, present, or future. Over 400 companies and 50,000 users access the TechInsights Platform, the world’s largest vertically integrated collection of unmatched reverse engineering, teardown, and market analysis in the semiconductor industry. This collection includes detailed circuit analysis and imagery, process flows, device teardowns, illustrations, costing and pricing information, forecasts, market analysis, and expert commentary. TechInsights’ customers include the most successful technology companies who rely on TechInsights’ analysis to make informed business, design, and product decisions faster and with greater confidence. For more information, visit .
TechInsights is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with operations in the US (Denver, San Jose), Poland, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, China, and England.
The Paralegal will join our Legal and Compliance Team and will play a central role to provide general support to internal general counsel as well as the compliance, operations, and commercial teams. Reporting to the General Counsel, your role will focus on client contract management including reviewing the NDAs, T&Cs, MSAs, vendor questionnaires, assisting with export control and privacy compliance programs, HR legal matters and other legal initiatives as business requires.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, well-organized self-starter with strong analytical abilities who can successfully manage multiple responsibilities within TechInsights.
The role is primarily On-Site at our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada with flexible work available.
What You Will Do
- Assist general counsel by providing transactional support, including preparing legal documentation and acting as a primary interface between all parties involved in the transaction and documentation process with primarily focus on client contract management.
- Assist legal counsel with various employee matters by drafting documents, responses, opinions and provide research support by utilizing your knowledge of Labor and Employment Laws.
- Draft policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provide support to Export Control & Sanctions and Privacy Compliance area within the Legal Department by drafting and reviewing documents, assessing legal implications, preparing opinions and performing due diligence tasks such as screening of clients and vendors.
- Provide background and validation for specific client inquiries, claims, disputes, cases and proceedings with minimal direction of general counsel.
- Produce clear and concise written materials that can be submitted to senior managers and board of directors with minimal revision or review by general counsel.
- Assist in preparing and executing various employee trainings throughout the organization.
- Develop relationships and work directly with other business units, identifying their legal needs and provide legal support in conjunction with general counsel.
- Resolve moderately complex issues within the Legal and Compliance Department.
- Coordinate with general counsel on special requests or highly complex projects.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of Paralegal experience.
- Completion of law clerk certification program or equivalent.
- Understanding and knowledge of various legal topics such as: Privacy, Anti-Bribery, Cyber Security, Economic Sanctions and Export Controls, Labor and Employment Laws in Canada, U.S., UK and European Union.
- Experience in working on Human Resources legal matters within an organization.
- Experience in drafting complex documentation, policies, processes, and training material.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present to senior management.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, proactively and multitask by working on multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and research skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Have a right to work in Canada.
WHY WORK WITH US
- Competitive pay and generous benefits (medical, dental, vision, wellness, RRSP/401K Matching)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Annual fitness reimbursement
- Strong sense of camaraderie, mutual respect and shared goals among colleagues
- Support for community through charitable alliances
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Wellness resources and support from management
Technology knows no bounds, and neither does TechInsights. Bringing together talented humans from different perspectives, backgrounds and abilities is something we take seriously. We’re committed to building an inclusive environment that welcomes you to be your authentic self and allows us to push past the boundaries together.
TechInsights is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Powered by JazzHR