As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 350 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
To help in our planned growth, we are pro-actively recruiting for a Security Analyst. The role will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Efficiently manage time and successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Involve others in problem solving and creative thinking
- Handle document design specifications and solutions following defined processes, policies, and standards in alignment with information security/corporate security requirements..
- Work alongside the broader IT risk and compliance organization to interpret policies and standards, and ensure they are properly followed by new PAM solutions and existing processes are vetted to be compliant if exempt from PAM..
- Support other analysts on the team in troubleshooting and resolving complex problems..
- Oversee requirement gathering and onboarding of all layers of application. Server, database, and application layer..
- Oversee onboarding process development, life cycle, DevOps, modelling of business processes, and business/functional documents..
- Contribute to regular status reporting to key stakeholders and project sponsors while escalating issues/risks quickly.
- Completion of a University or College program in Computer Network Systems
- 2 years of industry experience in the information systems field
- Knowledge of security operational policies, procedures, and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting security solutions, including authentication, authorization, encryption and reporting capabilities as part of an overall system design.
- SQL knowledge (building, editing queries)
- Knowledge of Windows & Unix/Linux servers
- Excellent communication, presentation, and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics and build consensus among business and technical constituents.
- Security designation such as CISSP would be an asset
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest telecom companies and leading real estate, oil & gas, financial, government and utilitites organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who love providing solutions for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!