IT Cyber Security Analyst
HITT Contracting ( www.hitt.com ) is headquartered in the Washington, DC area (Falls Church, VA), with regional offices throughout the US. Our company has a strong, 80+ year history of success in the nationwide commercial construction market and offers a positive, diverse, team-oriented work environment. Year over year, we are ranked as one the top companies to work for in the Washington DC area by the Washington Post.
HITT is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to join the IT Department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and maintaining numerous security frameworks, including ISO 27001, NIST CSF, and NIST 800-171 controls. The Cyber Security Analyst is responsible for ensuring compliance goals are met as it relates to the certifications and security frameworks that HITT maintains and will pursue in the future. The Cyber Security Analyst will be part of the IT Infrastructure team and will be engaged daily with technologies related to maintaining HITT’s IT Infrastructure.
- Develop and document processes and procedures related to security controls
- Track and provide detailed security event and incident response reports
- Assist with risk assessments
- Conduct monthly phishing exercises
- Research and track security vulnerabilities affecting HITT’s environment
- Provide recommendations for mitigation of security vulnerabilities
- Implement mitigations for discovered security vulnerabilities and provide
- Interact with Tier 1/2 service desk to troubleshoot user and system issues
- Provide after-hours infrastructure support, as needed
- Ensure system documentation is maintained
- Educate and guide less experienced engineers
- Experience with various monitoring/troubleshooting tools
- Ability to install, maintain, and monitor infrastructure including servers, switches, routers, firewalls, and other devices
- Ability to grow into the technical security expert for an increasing amount of infrastructure both on-premises and in the cloud
- 1-2+ years in a consultative or engineer role
- Identify effective and cost-efficient security controls
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneous with frequent interruptions
- Maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and vendors
- Ability to learn new security tools and testing methods
- Resolve issues using all available resources
- Proactively and continually expand professional development
HITT Contracting, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HITT Contracting, Inc. promotes a drug-free workplace.