Join our team
The TELUS Data & Trust Office provides world-class, innovative privacy solutions to TELUS. We partner with teams across the organization to advance our corporate priorities, support innovation and ultimately deliver on our promise to safeguard our customer’s privacy and to earn, and maintain their trust.
We see compliance with the law as our starting point and we passionately pursue opportunities to demonstrate respect for our customers and their data through transparent, robust, and ethical data practices.
Our team takes pride in earning a reputation for being innovative thought-leaders, strategic business partners and subject-matter experts in privacy and data governance.
Recognizing the great potential for the Agriculture Technology (AgTech) business to meet significant social needs in our world today, consistent with our position on social capitalism, TELUS launched an AgTech business in 2019. This exciting business is growing rapidly through acquisitions, as well as organically. Data, and advanced data analytics, are at the centre of this business and our customers and stakeholders are looking to TELUS to establish a robust data privacy and ethics program that is customized to their specific needs. As part of the Privacy & Innovation team, this Senior Manager role will be dedicated to supporting the AgTech business and to build a thriving and respectful data program uniquely suited to the industry.The impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As the Senior Manager for our AgTech business, supported by the Director of Privacy & Innovation, you will materially influence the ongoing development of TELUS’ business innovation in AgTech.
You will ensure that all AgTech initiatives meet our rigorous privacy, security and ethical standards. You will collaborate with, advise and guide the business in addressing privacy and data considerations in a manner that demonstrates TELUS commitment to putting customers and their privacy first.
You will be an integral member of the Privacy & Innovation team. This team is tasked with solving some of our organization's most complex challenges while building a thriving community of practice around data ethics and data governance.
You will be a champion for Privacy & Innovation and you will advocate for TELUS’ Trust Model as the fundamental driver for all of our decisions around data, recognizing how critical customer and team member trust is to TELUS’ mission.Here’s how:
- Support business units on strategic initiatives to deploy or leverage technology responsibly and ethically by providing expert advice and counsel to execute on TELUS’ data commitments.
- Educate and advise business units on existing or new data uses, and provide innovative strategies and creative solutions to address privacy, compliance and data governance considerations.
- Assist in the development and design of documentation of processes that standardize best practices in data governance and support an agile development methodology.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure adherence to the TELUS’ Trust Model.
- Evaluate and report on the performance of the program using established success metrics.
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Valued for your knowledge and expertise in applying international privacy laws, such as the GDPR and CCPA, as well as Canadian private sector legislation.
- Recognized for your ability to enable business areas to navigate complex business problems by providing innovative solutions while protecting the privacy of our customers and team members to drive remarkable outcomes for privacy, the business and the organization.
- Passionate about privacy, data ethics and the imperative to use data to solve big and small problems.
- Familiar with implementing new emerging technologies in a responsible and ethical manner.
- Appreciated for your excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills, and your ability to distill complex and/or ambiguous problems into clear, actionable requirements.
- Demonstrated track record of defining and delivering measurable outcomes for customers and the business in a highly complex stakeholder environment.
- Known for your ability to influence and negotiate effectively, to be a persuasive advocate, and known for your conflict resolution skills with a focus on win-win solutions.
- Effective in communicating data risks in written form and verbally communicating progress on initiatives in leadership forums.
- Sought out for excellent communication skills, verbal & written, with the ability to present information at all levels of the organization and leadership forums.
- Post-secondary education.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in applying international privacy law and principles.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) certification or willingness and ability to become certified within 6 months.
- Legal background/experience.
- Experience is proactively embedding privacy considerations into product design.
- Experience working in a large, matrixed organization.