By joining Athena Systems, you will be a member of a team consisting of dedicated and divers problem solvers, who are all driven by the same mission of converting insights into opportunities for clients and communities worldwide.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining and intermittently improving our current network configuration and infrastructure. You will design our revamped network infrastructure with the goal of maximizing our network performance. You will also provide troubleshooting and configuration support by using your strong technical skills in Linux and Windows environments and IP networking.
- Able to be onsite in the Scarborough area
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Ability to read and understand technical documents, and/or equipment installation manual; plan and complete jobs in accordance with these guidelines
- Ability to take direction, and to follow customer-provided installation standards.
- Experience with the installation, testing, commissioning & troubleshooting of wired and wireless network systems (Cisco, Aruba, Fortinet, etc.).
- Experience with Firewall setup and configuration (Fortinet, Palo Alto, etc.)
- Able to install and upgrade components, parts, cables, equipment, and systems.
- Implement planned designs for network changes onsite at customer locations in keeping with any environmental policies and best practices.
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team.
- Familiar with CLI & GUI-based configuration settings for network devices (Aruba, HPE, Cisco, Arista, Fortinet, etc.).
- Experience with the opening and closing of customer service tickets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related area
- 8+ years of professional experience and 5+ years of IT experience in system implementation, project and systems management.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.