IntelePeer delivers an omnichannel communication platform as a service (CPaaS) built for the enterprise. We believe that business communications are meant for more than just simple interactions they should enable businesses to deliver truly delightful experiences.
The security analyst provides day-to-day execution of the tasks necessary for the company's security operations.
They will provide first rate service and support by effectively monitoring and analyzing system, application, and network activities.
The security analyst will perform SOC operations to include incident monitoring, response, and reporting in accordance with IntelePeer’s incident response procedures.
SECURITY ANALYST SKILLS
Knowledge and skills are required in the following areas:
- Network protocols, network devices, server operating systems, middle-ware systems, and secure architectures.
- Cloud based infrastructure as a service and software as a service.
- Scanning and penetration testing tools that test networks, computers, web-based applications, and other systems to detect vulnerabilities.
- Security information and event management (SIEM) systems and centralized logging systems.
- Knowledge of intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Use of Minimum Baseline Standards and Configuration Management.
- Knowledge of virus and malware behavior, and remediation methodologies.
- Understanding of vulnerability and patch management and their impact to business operations.
- Hands on experience with common security tools and security distributions.
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed to be successful in this role.
- Ensuring that the company's digital assets are protected from unauthorized access. This includes monitoring security access and performing entitlement reviews.
- Performing penetration tests and vulnerability scans to ensure the company's digital assets are secure. This includes performing regular maintenance of testing tools.
- Reviewing logs and other correlated data within the SIEM and reporting any deficiencies found. This includes creating and adjusting alerts and reports within the SIEM.
- Generating reports for business managers and engineers.
- Staying current on cyber security trends and news. This includes remaining current with all new vulnerabilities and security risks associated with company hardware, operating system and application software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A technical 4-year degree in computer science, computer information systems, or engineering is recommended but substantial experience can be substituted.
- 5 or more years experience in information security.
- Intermediate understanding of cloud environments & infrastructure (AWS & Azure)
- Experience in the area of software development is a plus.
- Intermediate understanding of the OWASP Top 10.
- Intermediate understanding of networking including TCP/IP.
- Exposure to security frameworks: PCI-DSS, COBIT, ISO 27000, NIST SP-800 Series, NIST Cyber security framework.
- Exposure to data privacy regulations: HIPAA, CCPA, EU GDPR.
- Proficiency with using a PC, VPN, MS Office, Atlassian Confluence and Jira, and other business software is required.
- ISC2 CISSP, SSCP, or CCSP.
- SANS GSEC, GCED, GISF, GMON or GCIA.
Fast-paced, multi-tasking and rewarding environment.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet.
Remote work is available depending on specific position.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Generous paid time off
- Competitive medical, dental & vision coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Legal coverage and other supplemental options
- Free snacks, fun events (virtual and in-person when we can again)
- A value-based culture where growth opportunities are endless
- The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position who is based in Colorado is generally within the range of $120,000-140,000 for annual base salary. Employees are eligible for additional discretionary bonuses and commissions pursuant to the Company’s commission plan. The successful candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, such as work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range.
For California residents only: Please refer to the link below for IntelePeer’s Applicant CCPA Privacy Notice. https://intelepeer.com/privacy/intelepeer-california-applicant-privacy-notice/