Senior Network Engineer
Our client is a well-known multinational leader in professional services. As a full-time Senior Network Engineer, join their Technology Infrastructure and Operations department in Information Technology Services (ITS).
- Facilitates project delivery through research and working with Architectures, vendors and service providers.
- Work with key vendors, technical groups and organizations that are necessary to remain current with relevant technology and techniques.
- Use tests and evaluate software, hardware and systems for integration and supportability with other core firm infrastructure.
- Plan and implements operational upgrades, patches and major system changes annually.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document problems according to defined policies.
- Level 3 technical support and operations of complex, critical core systems and applications.
- A university degree in mathematics or computer science or other related discipline.
- 8+ years of professional experience and 5+ years of IT experience in system implementation, project and systems management.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of network protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, IPSEC, network technologies (WAN/LAN: MPLS, Fame-Relay, Ethernet, VPN, SSL, Quality of Service, VOIP), and network security appliances/applications, vulnerability scanning tools, processes and procedures.
- Strong understanding of network management and management tools, such as P Network Node Manager, NetQoS and Bluecoat Reporter
- Experience deploying Cisco SDWAN, Cisco SDA/Wireless, Palo Alto Firewall, Load balancing (F5) and Azure Cloud Networking.
There is a requirement to work after-business hours to support critical operations / Sev 1 issues.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.