Intrepid sets the standard for delivering excellence in the federal marketplace and is known for treating employees like family. We provide our employees with a challenging and supportive work environment, paired with a competitive salary and an industry-leading 401k contribution. We are looking for an Air and Missile Defense (AMD) Jr Cybersecurity Engineer
to join our team performing Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Equipment and Software Cybersecurity Systems Engineering along with key functions supporting the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process for tactical systems.Your Day-to-day Work Will Include
At a Minimum You Should Have
- Research technical evaluations of the FMS equipment, software applications, full system, or network and documenting the security posture, capabilities, and vulnerabilities against applicable NIST controls.
- Selecting and implementing security controls, timely completion of accreditation packages, formulating and implementing mitigations and maintaining the security posture of systems.
- Identify, assess, and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout a system’s lifecycle, validate system security requirements, formulate and maintain documentation and system certification and accreditation activities (planning, testing, assessing and coordinating).
- Documenting preliminary or residual security risks for system operation & manage and approve Authorization Packages.
- Monitoring and evaluating a system's compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) security, resilience, and dependability requirements including performing validation steps, comparing actual results with expected results and analyze the differences to identify impact and risks at the software application, system, and network levels.
- Work with team to provide solutions and to ensure continued functionality of systems within DoD RMF Framework
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Degree: Working towards a bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, IT, or Cyber field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with implementing and evaluating DoD STIG requirements, NIST RMF, IAVMs and Cybersecurity assessment tools (ACAS, Nessus, SCC, STIG Viewer)
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and NIST security controls
- Knowledge of information system architecture and standards as they apply to cyber security.
- Ability to obtain appropriate DoDD 8140 certification.
- Ability to travel. Travel will be estimated to be around 25% per year.
- 2+ years of experience in Cybersecurity Domain
- Experience in a DoD security environment preferred.
- Candidates should have strong communication and writing skills; be able to work in a team-oriented environment supporting a diverse customer base comprised of program managers, engineers, analysts, specialists, and technicians; and strong attention to detail.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final SECRET Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a SECRET Clearance.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
: On-Site (Huntsville, AL)Work/Life at Intrepid
Now that you know a little about the job, you may wonder what it would be like to work at Intrepid. We don’t like to brag, but we are proud of the culture we have built for our employees, and we are going to take a few minutes to share that with you.
For five years running, we have been nominated by our employees as either finalists or winners of the Best Places to Work award. We are known for our family-like environment, insanely good benefits, and extra-mile attitude.
Suppose our core values of treating each other like family, being mission-focused, giving back, and being intrepid (you know, just a little bit fearless!), resonate with you. In that case, you’ll probably make an excellent addition to our team.The Hours
Most of our positions are salaried, but that doesn’t mean we expect you to work crazy hours from sun-up to sun-down. Forty hours per week is standard, and while sometimes we push a little harder during big projects, we’ve established a flexible-hours policy to help even out that extra time within a given two-week pay period. Work-life balance is important to us, which is why we offer generous accrual of paid personal leave to use for anything you wish, and you won’t lose the value of your leave (no use-it or lose-it here!).The Benefits
Most people who know anything about Intrepid know about our benefits, especially our 401k program. We don’t offer a match (gasp!). That’s right, no match. That’s because we will contribute to your 401k whether you donate to it or not. We’ll put 14%
of your bi-weekly pay into your account no matter what you do. Plus, you’re going to want to retire with us; that 14%
will grow like a weed while invested in our low-fee index funds provided by Fidelity. And the cherry on top, your financial advisors are already paid for! Schedule a one-on-one and watch them create the best plan for your retirement goals.
In addition to our incredible retirement plans, we also provide one of the best health insurance plans on the market through Blue Cross Blue Shield. Intrepid covers most of the premium costs, and our employees get incredibly low deductibles, just $200 per year! Additionally, we provide all employees and their families with a free, on-call telemedicine doctor to help with easily diagnosable illnesses.
We’ll also provide you, your spouse, and dependents with complimentary life insurance and low-cost dental, vision, disability, critical illness, and pet insurance. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to set aside pre-tax dollars into an FSA for medical and dependent care expenses. We’ll even provide a $1000 scholarship to your newborn or adopted child and any children who are enrolled in higher education!
It sounds like a lot, but we believe our employees are worth the investment!The Perks
Sure, you’ll have access to the usual perks like corporate discounts on dining, entertainment, and gyms, but we also like to have fun. As an employee, you’ll be a VIP at all our annual events like our Chili Cook-Off, Thanksgiving, Lunch & Lawn Games, Ice-Cream Social, Intrepig BBQ, team events, and last but certainly not least, our big end-of-year Christmas bash complete with amazing prizes/gifts! We employ a lot of remote workers too, so if you fall into that category, you’ll get special opportunities to engage virtually in many of our events as well as some that are exclusive to you!Give Back
As we said above, giving back is one of our core values here at Intrepid. Our employees have big hearts for our communities, and we all come together annually to give away tens of thousands of dollars through our employee-managed charitable fund, the Intrepid Ideal Community Fund (ICF). We help organizations that are passionate about helping people including groups that provide flu shots and soup kitchens for the homeless, health and education services for underprivileged children, and who provide additional support for the disabled. If you like to get your hands dirty, we offer several volunteer opportunities throughout the year; cleaning trails, serving food, writing cards to nursing home shut ins, etc. Everyone can play a role in giving back! Our mission is to create ideal communities wherever we live, and our vision of a perfect community is one where the needs of every citizen are met.Join Us!
If you’re excited by the benefits, blown away by all the perks, and inspired by our values and mission then we are excited to meet you! The best way to start your journey as an Intrepid employee is to apply today. We can’t wait to hear from you!About Intrepid
Intrepid is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer, based in Huntsville, Alabama. Intrepid is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity (EEO) and is committed to making employment decisions based on merit and value.