To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Customer Success Group
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company. If you believe in bringing companies and customers together, in business as the greatest platform for change, in creating a more equitable and sustainable future for all – well, you’re in the right place. Through our #1 CRM, Customer 360, we help companies blaze new trails and connect with their customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world.
The Technical Account Management team within Signature Success is looking for a driven and customer-focused Technical Account Manager (TAM) to serve as a primary contact point for Salesforce’s largest and highest-profile customers. You will have responsibility for partnering with a small number of assigned accounts, maintaining a continual focus on the customer’s business goals to improve their overall technical and operational health and realize the maximum value out of their Salesforce investment. The Technical Account Manager maintains awareness of the customer's key events, needs, potential risks, and value drivers.
As a trusted advisor, the TAM will build a track record in customer success through superb communication with partners and extensive knowledge of the Salesforce platform to translate their business needs to solutions. You will forge relationships with your customers and account teams, develop a deep technical understanding of their Salesforce implementation, share standard methodologies, and adoption of proactive services. These activities will enable you to proactively set the customer up for success through optimization of the platform, with special care during critically important peak events.
As a TAM, you will occasionally act as a point of contact for any major incidents, owning the customer’s expectations and communications through the resolution of such incidents. The TAM acts as the technical main interface on behalf of our customers and works closely across both internal and external collaborators, including partners and ISVs, as required to address the customer needs.
The ideal TAM has an extraordinary focus on the success of the customer, is an exceptional communicator, exhibits professionalism, is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations, enjoys forming relationships, has excellent collaboration skills, and has the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customer business and IT partners to understand their top business goals and priorities, act as an internal authority on your customer's key value drivers and needs, and act as an internal point of contact on your customer to internal partners.
- Help your customers achieve their business goals and outcomes on the Salesforce platform by:
- coordinating the completion of the Signature Success catalog of services as required for your customer
- providing timely, proactive Salesforce feature guidance based on the areas of interest for your customer
- acting as an advisor to your customers for the adoption of new features of Salesforce’s annual release schedules and identifying potential challenges and risks to your customer's implementation
- reinforcing to your customer the value in the implementation of technical recommendations for improvement based on Proactive Monitoring guidance
- Communicate the value of Signature Success. Be accountable for ensuring all collaborators understand this value so that customers continue to renew Signature Success.
- During infrastructure service degradations or disruptions that occur during normal business hours, provide regular updates and communications to key customer contacts. Partner with internal teams like Signature Support delivery and the Critical Incident Center for after-hours coordination. Following infrastructure incidents that impact customers, track the internal root cause analysis efforts to provide the customer a description of the cause and future prevention actions.
- Act as an advocate for customers during the triage and resolution of high severity cases to assist with the timely resolution of these issues.
- The TAM may be required for occasional travel to customer sites and may need to be available for some after-hour or weekend coverage depending on the customer’s need.
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies.
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in one or more of the following: Technical Customer Success, SaaS platform use or project leadership, Technology Consulting, Technology Solutions Development, Technical and/or Solutions Architecture.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Skills for both analyzing technical concepts and translating them into business terms and for mapping business requirements into technical features.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts in business-friendly terms to customers, then explain customer needs to internal partners.
- Knowledge of software development process and design methodologies
- Experience leading efforts of cross-functional teams to facilitate resolution or disposition of customer needs or projects
- Salesforce product certifications are a plus (Administrator, Advanced Administrator, Platform App Builder, Service Cloud Consultant, Sales Cloud Consultant, Marketing Cloud Specialist, Commerce Cloud & Heroku).
- Knowledge of Salesforce products and features, capabilities, best use, and how to deploy.
- Knowledge or experience in Retail and Consumer Goods industry a plus.
- Experience working with Enterprise-level customers
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
. and Salesforce.org
are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc
. and Salesforce.org
do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc
. and Salesforce.org
will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc
. or Salesforce.org
Salesforce welcomes all.