Are you able to analyze processes and systems and provide effective solutions? Do you have strong attention to detail, communication, and time management skills with the ability to influence others?
If so, we want you on our Corporate Services Team!
As the successful candidate, you will support the growth of a strategic Information Governance framework through the establishment, implementation and maintenance of effective and efficient information management and privacy programs. Under the direction of the Corporate Officer, this position will support the development of programs with related policies, procedures, and security controls to guide organizational compliance, support business outcomes, and manage risks.
In Your Role, You Will
- Support, implement, and maintain organization wide information management programs related to records, information, and privacy:
- Draft information and privacy programs based on organizational priorities and risk.
- Establish organizational information structures, policies, and procedures to meet legislative and organizational requirements.
- Establish mechanisms and assessment tools to monitor compliance and review program effectiveness.
- Lead annual archiving and disposition of all confidential and public records.
- Develop resources, educates, and influences on the business value of managing information.
- Develop and maintain a vital records inventory and disaster recovery plan for both physical and electronic records.
- Work with Information Services in analyzing, drafting, and monitoring information strategies, plans and tools needed to meet risk related regulatory requirements and applicable laws:
- Advise on the establishment of security controls for electronic information based on privacy and confidentiality legislation.
- Advise on and implements information systems and structures that mitigate risk, protect personal information, and support business outcomes.
- Draft standard operating procedures and administers electronic master indices for appropriate access to corporate bylaws and confidential agreements.
- Prepare privacy impact assessments and information sharing agreements under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and other relevant legislation:
- Collaborate with FOI Coordinator to develop privacy policies and procedures.
- Draft privacy breach protocols, investigates and coordinates response and reporting.
- Review information for personal information and confidentiality breaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
As The Ideal Candidate, You Will
- Have a Diploma in FOI/Privacy, Information (Records) Management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience and a minimum of 3 years experience working in a privacy, records and information management environment.
- Have experience with information governance and management programs that include systems and processes to handle the creation and use of information.
- Have experience with access to information and privacy legislation, including programs related to the management of personal information.
- Have considerable knowledge of local government records classification systems and related principles and procedures.
- Posses the ability to analyze processes and systems and provide effective and efficient solutions.
- Have the ability to establish high functioning and effective business relationships.
The RDCO offers a variety of perks from dental, health and vision benefits, paid vacation, pension plan, training and development, opportunities for advancement, work-life balance, on-site parking, and the opportunity to contribute and make a change within the community.
View the full job description and apply at rdco.com/jobs by Sunday, May 28, 2023.
The Regional District of Central Okanagan is an employer of choice made up of a dedicated team of people who care about the community we serve. We are located in one of the most desirable places to live in BC, in the heart of the Okanagan Valley. The appeal of Okanagan Lake and the natural beauty of the surroundings continue to draw people to the valley. Our lifestyle is second to none especially for those who live to enjoy the outdoors.