At eCapital, we are committed to supporting small and middle-market companies in the United States, Canada, and the UK by accelerating their access to capital through financial solutions like invoice factoring, factoring lines of credit, and asset-based lending. Through our Commercial Finance, Staffing, Healthcare and Freight Factoring divisions, we leverage a fully integrated technology platform to provide flexible, customized capital solutions to a broad set of industries. Our core values of agility, relationships, accountability, and innovation guide our employee culture and our way of doing business.
eCapital is seeking a tenured Legal Assistant to join the team at our Orillia, Ontario Office.
Reporting directly to the CEO of our Factoring Division, the Senior Legal Assistant
will be a critical part of a global team, collaborating with leaders and supporting colleagues across North America and the UK. The ideal candidate has a background providing legal support to senior level executives in a law firm. They should be highly perceptive, assertive, and responsible.
- Please note that this position requires in-office presence. Due to the nature of this role, it cannot be occupied remotely.
- Perform general administrative tasks, attend departmental meetings, and facilitate the meeting of deadlines by managing agenda and providing timely reminders
- Review and summarize legal contracts, identify key points and changes in preparation for executive signature
- Support Corporate Board items such as annual resolutions, minute book maintenance, scheduling, client correspondence, and other administrative tasks as assigned by the CEO
- Draft and edit legal documentation related to corporate and commercial transactions including contract preparation
- Maintain corporate records: manage, organize, and archive documents
- Liaise in an administrative capacity with investors, auditors, lawyers, tax advisers, bankers and other external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders across all business units and be proactive in participating in strategic efforts
- 5+ years’ experience as a Paralegal or Legal Assistant, primary focus in Corporate or Litigation is preferred
- Experience and proficiency in the financial institutional/lender space (ie: banks, credit unions, private lenders)
- Ability to analyze and understand legal documents while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Tact, diplomacy, strong respect for privacy/confidentiality
- Proficiency working under pressure in a fast-paced office; superior organizational and time management skills to effectively prioritize work and meet short deadlines
- Strong independent judgment and a high degree of interpersonal effectiveness to be able to deal with stakeholders across various levels both internally and externally
- Competitive Compensation
- Annual Bonus Incentives
- Vacation & Sick Time
- Health, Dental, and Life Benefits
- RRSP Matching
- Abundant professional development opportunities at a growing and thriving Fintech company!
We're the kind of thriving environment reserved for a dynamic person like you—committed to excellence, driven, and creative. If you are interested in this position, apply today!
Or, for more about eCapital, visit our
Powered by JazzHR