SAIT's School for Advanced Digital Technology (SADT) is committed to preparing our students to thrive in the borderless, global economy. We offer an exciting range of media and technology programs built on a foundation of applied, technology-immersed experiences and enhanced with work-integrated learning opportunities.
How do we make this happen? Through a committed school of experts focused on the values of excellence in learning and learners, partnerships and collaboration, and being flexible and forward thinking. SADT is SAIT’s boldest transformation to date — designed with the future in mind and working closer with industry than ever. Join us as we strive to instigate a new world!
SAIT requires an instructor to teach in the Cyber Security for Control Systems (CSCS) post-diploma program. The CSCS program focuses on cybersecurity training to protect and defend SCADA and PLC systems that run critical infrastructure in a networked environment.
The instructor's role is to professionally manage the learning process of the students and to ensure that students achieve established learning objectives to the maximum of their potential. The instructor is to make use of any and all available resources, methods, techniques and strategies, to ensure student success. The candidate is expected to work collaboratively with colleagues, and check in regularly with course leads, to create a learning environment which is pedagogically sound, technically supported and innovative in nature.
- Prepare and present lessons, lectures, assignments, quizzes, exams, lab activities, and lab demonstrations for learners
- Maintain records for the purposes of grading, assessing professionalism and tracking attendance in both theory and lab classes
- Manage the classroom or lab to ensure a positive learning environment
- Show personal interest in the learner and create a climate conducive to optimal learning
- Provide on-going support, guidance and advice to students
- Assist in the development of Curriculum
- Manage the student lab environment including scheduling, and proper use and storage of lab equipment and supplies
- Maintain close contact with relevant industry sectors
- Participate in curriculum/program reviews
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant post-secondary education (minimum two-year diploma from a recognized institute) and a minimum of five years related industry experience. Teaching experience at a post-secondary institute in Canada is an asset
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to organize and present written information
- Strong commitment to delivering high-quality instruction within set deadlines
- Understanding of industrial control system architectures, components, and protocols (e.g., Modbus, DNP3, OPC)
- Familiarity with SCADA and PLC control systems
Expertise in two or more of the following competencies:
- Cyber Security Industrial Control Systems (ICS) standards, frameworks, guidelines and policies
- Firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and VPNs in industrial environments
- Developing and implementing incident response plans for ICS
- Vulnerability assessments
- Designing, and using tools to create user interfaces for desktop, web, and mobile applications
- Designing algorithms and writing secure code in either C, Python, ladder logic, Structured Text, or similar languages
- Securing wired/wireless networks - network protocols, network segmentation, and isolation techniques
- Securing sensors, actuators, and other connected devices
- Configuring Local and network storage
- BASH shell, PowerShell and Python scripting
- Computer architecture – security and exploitation
- Web application security
- Encryption and decryption
Job classification: INSTRUCTOR - S4001
Hourly Range: $35.99 - $54.81
# of positions: 2
Position End Date: August 30, 2024
Posting closing date: February 22, 2024About SAIT
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers, we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT.
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT - so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.