IT SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE ANALYST
A leading, Canadian service firm requires an IT Security and Compliance Analyst. You will be responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the firm’s information assets and will report to the Director of IT Security.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal - Hybrid role - on and off site
Role And Responsibilities
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices you will develop, implement and maintain security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Conduct audits and security assessments to identify vulnerabilities and risks to the firm's information assets.
- Improve security controls to mitigate identified risks and vulnerabilities by working with IT stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze security events and alerts to detect and respond to security incidents.
- Develop and conduct security awareness training for employees to promote a security-conscious culture.
- Technical support for security-related issues and incidents, including after-hours support as required.
- Coordinate, support and participate in incident response and disaster recovery planning and testing.
Qualifications And Requirements
- Bachelor's degree, BA, BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields.
- Experience with security frameworks such as ISO 27001, NIST etc.
- Relevant security certification (one or more) of ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, SSCP.
- Security audit experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Information Security with a focus on cybersecurity.
- At least 2 years' experience in Information Security Governance and Risk and Compliance GRC and ISMS.
- Knowledge of cloud computing and hosting such as Azure and AWS.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills.