As the first and often the most frequent point of contact for our clients, you will have the greatest opportunity to influence the client's perception of Evertz. This position is a challenging mix that combines technical know-how and customer service skills both in-house and when traveling to our customer’s production studios and distribution facilities.
You will be challenged with configuring, commissioning, and systematically trouble shooting Ethernet/IP networks for the latest advancements in broadcast networks and video processing equipment.Responsibilities:
- Engage in implementation, documentation and deployment on the build out of both small and large scale IP Networks supporting broadcast infrastructures
- Respond and provide technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, firmware upgrades and general maintenance
- Assess the customer’s application, troubleshoot and diagnose issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause
- Recommend solutions utilizing various levels of technical language appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Maintain a communication link between customer service and other departments by partnering to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback to aid in design changes including customer “feature requests” to product managers
- Support the development of product communications by generating or authoring customer guides and provide the technical writing group with information including Pinouts, FAQ, Application notes, Best Practices and customer product or system configuration and product integration with other manufacturer’s products
- Install product(s) or systems at customer sites and delivering training to customers in-house or abroad
- (RFC 2328), PIM, QOS, RIP, Sflow, SNMP, STP/RSTP/MST (IEEE 802.1d), VARP/VRRP, VLAN (IEEE 802.1q), VRF
What we offer:
- Unparalleled desire to help the customer and deliver service excellence
- Education in Computer Networking or related recent practical experience
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Electronic Technician or engineering education or related recent practical experience
- A strong comfort level with Linux is highly desired
- Some Network trouble shooting experience
- Knowledge of IP Networking Protocols (IGMPv2/v3, RIP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Knowledge of Internet network technologies (DNS, Firewall, SSH, HTTP)
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license
- Employer funded benefits program
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Employee Assistance plan
- Employee Discount Platform
- Career progression
- Casual work environment
- Social events and sports teams
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers.
With over 2,000 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Evertz Microsystems Ltd (“Controller”), which is located at 5292 John Lucas Drive, Burlington, Ontario, Canada and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller’s data protection officer is Nadiera Toolsieram, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s and its' subsidiaries' and affiliates' recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
Powered by JazzHR