Job Reference ID:
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Amer Infrastructure Security team (GTS/SEC) ensures that processes / measures implemented by our Global Technology Systems team in IT security and operational risks are aligned with Group ISS policies, GTS IT security standards and local regulations.
The Security Operation Center security analyst contributes to the realization of thorough analysis / investigations leading to proper and timely qualification of alerts / incidents; and to the identification of appropriate / pragmatic actions / recommendations for timely remediation of true positive incidents.
The SOC security analyst contributes to the design, the implementation, and the maintenance of up to date of IT infrastructures security incidents operational procedures, so called “Playbooks” (i.e., how to manage IDS, AV alerts; how to perform investigations; etc.).
In the end, the SOC security analyst contributes to the production and communication of SOC activity related clear information either included in regular weekly and monthly dashboards; or in specific security events extracts / reports answering specific stakeholders needs.
What will be your DAY-TO-DAY?
Management of IT infrastructures security events / incidents
- Monitoring of IT security events; specifically alerts triggered by the RSA Analytics / NetWitness SIEM (e.g., alerts on the following area: IDS; AV - Virus infections, intrusions);
- Conduct Cybersecurity investigations and work with peers on incident response, investigate complex incident to help less experienced analysts.
- Design and implementation of IT infrastructures security incidents operational procedures (i.e., how to manage IDS, AV alerts; how to perform investigations using RSA; etc.).
- Hunting on the information system, analysis of new malware/suspicious scripts and extraction of IOCs
- Produce weekly and monthly dashboard on the SOC IT security / incidents activity, e.g., KRIs on IDS and AV alerts.
- Report to SOC Manager
Management of SOC tools; specifically, the SIEM platform (RSA Security Analytics and Splunk)
- Daily management and monitoring of the platform (e.g., to ensure that security events are collected and processed properly).
- Development / customization / maintenance of correlation rules.
- Develop and improve playbook to improve/automate our investigations and remediation procedures.
- Managing IDS, AV policy, EDR policy.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in the management of IT infrastructures security events / incidents
- IS Security (knowledge of IT security principles, best practices, tools that are used in securing IT resources) and related risks
- Good MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel) skills.
- Client Focus
- Analytical thinking
- Willing to learn
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical teams and with non-technical stakeholders.
- Previous experience as SOC analyst.
- Knowledge of application architecture
- Knowledge of Cloud provider offers
- Knowledge in SOAR products
- Experience in crisis management and incident response
TECHNICAL SKILLS Required:
- Knowledge of SIEM products (e.g., Splunk and RSA NetWitness)
- Knowledge of network security products (SourceFire IDS/IPS; Cisco, Firewall,Proxies,VPN, Microsoft EDR ..)
- Good knowledge of network basics (OSI, NAT, …)
- Knowledge on security framework (MITRE ATT&CK, NIST)
- Knowledge of network packets analysis and broad knowledge on threat analysis
Prior Work Experience
- 4/5+ years in IT infrastructures security ideally in a SOC; specifically in the management of IT infrastructures security events / incidents and the management of SIEM platforms (preferably in a SOC team)
Why join us
WHAT WE DO DIFFERENTLY AT SOCIÉTÉ GÉNÉRALE
Competitive compensation & benefits offering, including but not limited to:
- Minimum of 20 Vacation days + 4 personal days
- Supportive Maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave policy
- Health spending ($2,000/year) and personal spending ($1,000/year) accounts with 75+ eligible reimbursement categories (health, training, electronics etc.)
- Fully sponsored virtual healthcare assistance and Employee Assistance Program to you and your immediate family
- Various Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to engage with such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet, etc.
- A culture of continuous development by encouraging our employees various training programs (online training and coaching platform such as Coursera, GoFluent, Pluralsight, First Finance, and others)
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
- Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
- Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
- Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
Societe Generale is an equal opportunity employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. We are committed to recognizing and promoting the talents and achievements of our employees and staff, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, and any other characteristic or status protected under applicable law. We strive to write our postings as inclusively as possible. If, however, one of the two genders is used alone in this display, it designates persons of all gender identities.