Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 180 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,450 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
Working as part of the global information security team, the network security engineer will have a leading role in defining and driving execution of Skechers network security program. While on the front lines of our global cyber defense practice, you will be helping support our security operations and incident response team by providing expertise and ensuring the right forensic data is available for effective threat detection and response. The role will also involve working closely with various infrastructure, application, and business teams globally to provide guidance, identify risks and opportunities for improvement and help facilitate secure operations.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join an agile cybersecurity team with an eye for innovation and a continuous improvement mindset. The candidate who will find the most success and fulfillment brings a genuine interest and passion for cybersecurity, is a team contributor, and a desire to roll up their sleeves and dive into the deep end.
Essential Job Results-
- Directly apply security expertise to network controls
- Evaluate, deploy, and maintain innovative security tools, technology, and systems
- Perform security assessments on new and existing systems, processes, and technology
- Operationalize firewall functions and define policies for network enforcement points
- Develop and maintain an executable short-, medium-, and long-term network security plan
- Help triage alerts and reports received from various sources and assist with incident response in real time as needed
- Collaborate to define cybersecurity standards and develop secure procedures
- Work closely with multiple global groups and business units to provide guidance and support
- Engage in threat hunting and proactive security operations to identify and resolve unknown or unauthorized assets
- Perform regular security and vulnerability reviews and participate in periodic security and compliance audits
- Stay current with continually changing threat landscape and defensive capabilities
- Advanced experience with network controls, configuration, and architecture in a large heterogeneous environment
- Strong knowledge of network and application protocols and their associated security implications (TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, TLS, SSH, DNS, SD-WAN, etc.)
- Assess, configure, and maintain firewall rulesets
- Deep understanding of network, application, and host-based security systems including VPN, PKI, IPS/IDS, and wireless security
- Strong network skills with ability to perform manual packet analysis
- Comprehensive understanding of VPN, load balancing, routing, and switching
- Experience working with servers and workstations running Windows, Linux, and OS X
- Working knowledge of scripting and automation (Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with public cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP) a plus
- Excels in developing and maintaining working relationships with an ability to focus on the task at hand
- Ability to excel in a fast paced and rapidly changing global environment
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail and ability to follow evidence
- Strong documentation habits with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Assumes a lead role in cybersecurity projects, incident response, and developing new concepts
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex data into a more easily understandable format
- Mentors junior team members
Education And Experience-
- Strong working knowledge in cybersecurity, systems, cloud, or network engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a dedicated cybersecurity role, or a combination of equivalent information technology experience, training, and education.
- GIAC, (ISC)2 , or equivalent certifications a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary range for this position is $90,000-$150,000/year.