Job title: Product Analyst, New Product Introduction
Department: CTO Group
Location: Calgary office
We are seeking a Product Analyst to join our team with a focus on New Product Introduction. The Product Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, documenting, and evaluating new product initiatives to set them up for success in the marketplace. New Product initiatives include software, hardware, and services.
You will work closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) from cross-functional teams to capture market and product requirements, analyze competitive offerings against user needs, and assist Sales and Marketing for the successful launch of new products and services.
If you are a detail-oriented individual with a passion for product analysis and new product development, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with SMEs in cross-functional teams to develop product requirements and specifications.
- Identify and document user personas and use cases for new products and services.
- Analyze and evaluate potential new product/service ideas to determine their feasibility and market potential.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify opportunities and potential barriers to entry.
- Provide product expertise and support to cross-functional teams throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Participate in testing of the product to ensure the requirements are met.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to assist with product positioning, pricing, and messaging.
- Assist in developing and implementing product launch plans in conjunction with Product Managers or Solution Architects.
- Plan and coordinate field trials of new products with initial customers.
- Assess customer feedback to identify areas for product improvement.
- Identify opportunities for product improvements or modifications and make recommendations to management.
- Analyze sales and market data to evaluate product performance.
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in product analysis or a related field, preferably in a product development environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with market research and competitive analysis.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of product development methodologies and processes.
Nice to have
- Experience with Network Service Technologies (IP, Satellite, Cellular, SD-WAN)
- Experience with SaaS platforms in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity frameworks such as ISO27001, CMMC.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization and cross-culturally in a multi-national company.
- Experience developing technical documentation and training materials.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI.
- Customer focus
- Business acumen and critical thinking
- Analytical with attention to detail.
- Creative, collaborative, and open-minded
- Passion and pride in your work results
- A willingness to embrace and live the core values of Network Innovations
This is a full-time position in a professional office environment with flexible work hours (standard 8am-5pm, Hybrid – 5 days a week). However, the incumbent must be available to work with stakeholders across time zones, within reason. Occasional travel (up to 20%) is expected. Position requires sitting and using a computer for extended periods of time. Position requires ability to stand for extended periods, lift up to 50lbs. and reach overhead.
Disclaimer Statement: This job description lists the essential functions of the position and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed above provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Product Analysis: 3 years (required)
- IP, Satellite, Cellular, SD-WAN: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Calgary, AB