Corporate Office CareersJob Category:
IT Cyber SecurityTravel Requirements:
0 - 10% Job Type:
Ontario; Alberta; British Columbia; Nova ScotiaCity:
Mississauga / Calgary / Vancouver / StellartonLocation:
Tahoe Office, Calgary Office, Dartmouth Office, King St. Office, Vancouver OfficePostal Code:
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
We are a growing Canadian company and market leader in grocery and pharmacy nationally and in communities across the country, with an opportunity to impact more than 20 banners and 1500 stores. Our family of over 134,000 teammates and franchise affiliates are on a mission to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our teammates.Ready to make an Impact?
We’re expanding our Cyber Security team as we embark on a five-year transformation to bring our Security capabilities to the next level. Watch our Director of Cyber Security, Angela Mathies, discuss our exciting work and why she chose Sobeys: Sobeys Cyber Security RecruitmentYou are a builder, influencer, and change agent
In this exciting role, you will be reporting to the Manager of Cyber Security Strategy and Roadmap Delivery. You will be responsible the execution of our Cyber Security initiatives across Sobeys. You will be developing, testing, implementing, and contributing to delivering on initiatives to maintain our cyber security roadmap, covering all cyber security domains including defense-in-depth, network security, identity and access management, cloud security, data security, application security, cyber security analytics, endpoint security, and compliance.Sobeys Inc. is investing big in technology – Join us and invest in your future
We are on a journey to completely transform how we do business, and we offer a hybrid work model with the opportunity for additional flexibility.Join Us And You’ll Be Working With
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision of their future in Cyber Security. Are you ready to be part of this success story? #cyberatsobeys #DigitalatSobeys
- Modern cyber security tools and solutions across the NIST phases (identify, protect, detect, respond, recover
- Leading tools and systems in our modern infrastructure and data-driven culture.
- Strong, collaborative team of energetic and experienced security experts
What You Bring To The Table
- Confidence and comfort working in a cross-functional and collaborative environment.
- An innovative and strategic approach to building and delivering on complex security projects.
- Proactively review the performance of projects and provide visibility to project status (key decisions, dependencies, issues, risks, metrics) within the roadmap, working with all stakeholders to mitigate issues and risks to deliver on scope, schedule, and cost objectives.
What you have to offer:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive work experience in Information Technology.
- Minimum 1-2 years of industry experience working in Cyber Security, with focus on security program/project delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, intercultural skills, and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge across diverse IT systems, networking and security components, applications, and operating systems.
- Technical expertise working in multi-cloud (Azure, GCP etc.) security environments and security controls.
- Understanding of emerging technologies and trends, standards and products.
- Understanding of industry frameworks and standards including NIST, ISO, COBIT, PCI, etc.
- Certifications such as MS Certified Azure Security Engineer, CCSK, CCSP, Cloud+, CISSP desired.
- Bilingual English/French written language would be an asset.
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.