At Sleep Country, we are inspired every day by our purpose to transform lives by awakening Canadians to the power of sleep and our vision to champion sleep as the key to healthier, happier lives helping everyone achieve better tomorrows through better tonight’s.
Guided by our values – We CARE
About People; We Win
Together; We Dream
Big and We Deliver
with Excellence – we are building on our 28-year foundation of taking care of each other and our customers’ sleep needs, with passion and commitment to be the best that we can be. We’re investing in our sleep ecosystem, innovative products, world-class customer experience, our communities and best-in-class team to be Canada’s leading sleep partner.
The Manager, Information Security
is responsible for leading the company’s cybersecurity efforts. They are responsible for protecting the organization’s systems and data against cyber-attacks, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations, management cybersecurity incidents, and managing a team of cybersecurity professionals.
Reporting to the Vice President of Technology & Operations, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing cybersecurity policies, procedures and standards.
- Assessing information risk and facilitating remediation of identified vulnerabilities for IT security across the enterprise.
- Maintain and execute the company’s incident management and response plans
- Ensuring that enterprise security technologies are implemented, configured and maintained in accordance with established cybersecurity frameworks.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external security vendors and partners.
- Lead and participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Manage a team of cybersecurity professionals, providing coaching and development opportunities, assigning tasks and responsibilities and evaluating performance.
- Ongoing management the organization’s security awareness program; ensure that organizational processes adhere to regulatory compliance requirements.
- 5+ years of work experience in IT Security or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
- University or College degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Proven leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness.
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies with flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously.
- Cyber and technical threat Analyses
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences.
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Strong customer focus with ability to manage customer expectations and experience and build long-term relationships.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with a broad range of people and roles including vendors and IT-business personnel.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Thorough knowledge of patching and deployment technologies for windows platforms
- Strong technical knowledge of current systems, software, protocols and standards. Including TCP/IP and network administration/protocols
- Experience developing, documenting and maintaining procedures.
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
Why our Associates love working at Sleep Country Canada/Dormez-vous?:
- This is not a job but a CAREER with opportunities for growth and advancement
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
- We will invest in you and provide extensive training, mentoring and continuous development
- Access to our in-house learning platform with over 16,000 digital courses taught by industry experts in a variety of languages
- Full medical, dental benefits and a deferred profit sharing program
- Annual Wellness Credit for any products/services that improve your health and well-being, ie., health assessments, nutrition counselling, hiking shoes, a yoga outfit or fitness equipment!
- Associate Discount Program where you will be able to enjoy some of the world’s best sleep products
- Maternity/Parental leave top up benefits
- Tuition reimbursement program that covers professional AND personal development
- Long service awards, celebrations and other social events
- Associate Referral Program
- Paid day off to volunteer at your local charity of choice
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2022 by Waterstone Human Capital
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (EDI&B)
At SCC, we are committed to building a company culture of inclusion and diversity where differences are embraced and valued, this allows us to better understand and meet the needs of our customers and the communities we serve. We want to ensure every job applicant is treated fairly and with respect regarding race, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
About Sleep Country Canada
Sleep Country is Canada’s leading specialty sleep retailer with a purpose to transform lives by awakening Canadians to the power of sleep. Sleep Country operates under the retailer banners; Sleep Country Canada, Dormez-vous, Endy, Hush and most recently acquired, Silk & Snow. The Company has omnichannel and ecommerce operations including 289 corporate-owned stores and 20 warehouses across Canada. Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2022 by Waterstone Human Capital, Sleep Country is committed to building a company culture of inclusion and diversity where differences are embraced and valued. The Company actively invests in its sleep ecosystem, innovative products, world-class customer experience, communities and its people. For more information about Sleep Country, please visit www.sleepcountry.ca.