As a Penetration Tester within the Canada Life Information Security Department, you will be responsible for driving our Offensive Security
initiatives. You will be both hands-on technical and influential, where you will be expected to directly communicate with cross-functional teams in Product, Development, DevOps, and Architecture.
What You Will Do
- Perform code reviews and penetration tests to discover and exploit vulnerabilities in Canada Life products (web/mobile/thick/API/cloud).
- Participate in intake, scoping, and planning sessions.
- Produce high-quality reports for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Help review and prioritize vulnerabilities coming from different sources, such as: third party penetration tests, internal security tools, public advisories, etc.
- Develop custom scripts or tools used for vulnerability scanning and identification.
- Stay up to date on current tools, technologies and vulnerabilities to incorporate into testing practices.
- Contribute technical documentation towards the team’s knowledge base.
What You Will Bring
- A minimum of 2-3 years of work experience directly related to penetration testing, bug bounty hunting, exploit research and development or application security testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English). Ability to write clear and concise assessment reports that include findings, relevance, recommendations, etc.
- Relevant certifications, such as: OSCP, OSCE, GPEN, GWAPT, eWPT, eWPTX , eMAPT, etc. are considered an asset.
- Ability to penetration test Cloud Native Applications running on a major cloud provider infrastructure such as: Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Ottawa, Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted