About Project X
Project X Ltd. drives success by focusing on building teams of incredibly talented and client-focused people, who love to problem solve and work on tough data problems. We reward hard work and forward-thinking with recognition and a supportive culture that celebrates success and wants to see you grow.
Our team members are trusted advisors to our clients and offer innovative solutions that solve complex data problems. Collaboration, creativity, data knowledge and experience run deep in our veins. We are passionate about building long-term relationships with our clients and staying true to our values. When adding new members to our team, we also look for people that are aligned to our values.
We are also passionate about our people. Hiring and developing people that seek challenges, like to jump in and learn new things, and are happy to lend a helping hand to a peer is what makes us successful.
We understand that it’s our people that make us great.
The Project Manager works on client site, overseeing innovative solution implementations, from end-to-end. They use project delivery methodologies, change management and leadership skills to organize and motivate key players across multiple practices to mitigate risks, develop solutions, and deliver value to customers in a timely manner. This position does not have any direct reports.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- End-to-end ownership and accountability for your designated project(s)
- Use Waterfall and Agile methodologies to deliver projects on time, with quality and on budget
- Build out all of the key project management deliverables and processes, including Gantt charts, detailed project plans / WBS, workbooks, change management strategies, and communication plans
- Schedule calls or Sprint activities – break down, assign, and deploy project deliverables
- Coordination with key stakeholders (internal and external) to get alignment on effort, cost, scope, etc.
- Manage budgets by reviewing and approving costs, forecasting, establishing a strict scope and monitoring a set budget
- Leverage individual team members to ensure their contribution by setting expectations, supporting them through roadblocks, and escalating to managers where necessary
- Alleviate customer concerns in sensitive situations, clarify ambiguities and present information in a way that is structured and makes sense
- Contribute to Assets/Accelerators/Methodologies/Demos that drive sales.
- Critical thinking and level-headed -making capabilities
- Approaching situations with a consultative mindset:
Required Experience & Education:
- 7+ years of experience as a Project Manager with a background of business analyst in cyber security projects and experience in documenting processes, RACI etc.
- Understanding of Security Control and Asset Inventory
- Excel skills e.g Vlookup , Conditional formatting , Cross reference tables
- Project documentation tools such as: project plans, workbooks, Gantt charts, risk matrices, issue logs, communications schedules, RACI charts
- Project Management tools such as: MS Project, Jira, Slack, SAP, Visio, MS Office suit
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Software, Business Administration or Computer Science/Engineering fields or related industry experience or acumen
Nice to Have:
- Working as part of a PMO
- Accreditations such as CISSP
Knowledge of tool e.g ServiceNow , OneTrust , Thycotic/Delinea, Entrust , Okta,
- PMP, Agile certification
- Telecommunication, finance and/or digital industry experience
In our commitment to promote fair and equitable treatment of all employees and applicants, Project X Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of age, sex, disability, race, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sexual orientation, marital status or any other ground as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In addition, accommodation will be provided during the hiring process.
Project X is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.