At SMS Equipment, our Cybersecurity Analysts are responsible for supporting the day-to-day security operations, actively participate in security incident response process, the application of information security policies to govern and protect corporate systems and data. Our Cybersecurity Analysts are proactive, analytical and team players. We are looking for a candidate to join our team in Acheson, AB.
Responsibilities include but are not limited too:
- Security. Provide technical security monitoring and incident response to internal and external threats to the SMS IT enterprise's confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Analyze security logs using Splunk security operations tasks, reviewing notifications, tickets, and alerts. Stay abreast of information security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls. Participate in the change management process, including reviewing Change Requests and assisting in assessing the security impact of proposed changes.
- Monitoring. Conduct periodic and continuous monitoring of all systems, procedures, and documentation to ensure compliance with the authorization package. Monitor and assist with security infractions and assist in security investigations and responses as requested. Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and functions are restored and functioning correctly following an outage.
- Reporting. Document information security controls to assist with governance, risk, and compliance. Continuously review and evaluate best practices for implementing a comprehensive audit program. Conduct daily, weekly and monthly reviews and management of the audit collection system.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5- years hands-on experience as an information security analyst, SOC analyst, security engineer, or a related role. Other requirements include:
- Industry Certifications: Security+, SSCP, CySA+ GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) and CEH
- Experience with CISCO ISE, firewalls, FMCs, AnyConnect VPN, routers and switches, wireless access points and controllers.
- Experience working in a Security Operation Centre (SOC), and the ability to triage various log, malware, host, and network device analyses to understand different techniques of threat adversaries.
- Working knowledge of IDS/IPS, web content filter/proxy, Endpoint Detection & Response tools, logging, and monitoring tools, CASB and SIEM solutions (Splunk).
- Familiarity with NIST Cybersecurity Framework and ISO27001 standards and controls.
- Experience with security policies and analysis, including Cloud app security and Security & Compliance Center.
As part of our recruitment process you may be required to complete the following:
- Reference Check
- Criminal Background Check
At SMS Equipment, safety is our number one priority. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to making safe choices, when completing all tasks.
Applications will be received until a suitable candidate has been found.
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plan, and RRSP matching.