The Information Security Analyst II is part of the first line of cyber defense team, working with IT and business partners to help them understand and manage information security risks and comply with the organizational information security policies. The role also supports the delivery of analysis-based cyber security services to our internal clients across Canada including a security assurance assessment, responding to security inquiries from stakeholders and clients, assessing security controls, and more. This position is being offered in Toronto or London, Ontario and/or Winnipeg, Manitoba.
In addition to the general accountabilities below, we are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with the following specialties:
What You Will Do
- Focused on providing information security consultation to business and IT clients
- Working with project teams to identify required security controls, and ensuring controls have been implemented prior to transitioning technology platforms to production
- Conducting information security threat risk assessments and third-party security assessments
- Conducts threat analysis, including researching evolving threats and providing recommendations
- Develops and conducts vulnerability assessments, and documenting findings in reports
- Strong desire to work collaboratively in an unconventional and non/linear way to problem solve unique solutions
- Be customer focused and delivery oriented to drive change in ambiguous situations
- Work proactively with internal clients to understand their needs and deliver creative solutions
- Strive for continuous learning and can influence others
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years’ experience as an information technology professional
- Holds at least one information security certification or actively working towards at least one security certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CASP+))
- Working knowledge of threat risk assessment methodologies NIST, ISO, IRAM2, etc.
- Technical background with exposure to multiple aspects of information technology, networks, server, application dev, architecture, storage, cloud etc.
- Excellent communicator including demonstrated presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience with security solutions for multi-tier cloud-based applications (Microsoft Azure, GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with DevSecOps and/or Agile would be an asset
- Knowledge of IT control frameworks such as COBIT, ISO 27001, and the NIST cyber security framework
- Working knowledge of IT Audit processes, including design of control test procedures
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships and build trust
- Ability to work independently and deliver on commitments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in risk assessment methodologies
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted