OTIP (Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan) is a member-focused, service-driven organization. We are committed to putting our people first by fostering a positive and inclusive work environment, providing a competitive total compensation package and investing in career development. Our team is currently looking for an:
Senior Privacy Specialist
The Senior Privacy Specialist is responsible for leading the investigation of privacy incidents, designing, developing implementing and communicating OGC’s privacy compliance protocols and is responsible for conducting privacy impact assessments and promoting awareness and consistency in OGC’s privacy practices and procedures.
- Leads and is responsible for the investigation of privacy incidents, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, assessing and mitigating privacy risk, documenting outcomes and recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Provides expert advice and guidance to all levels of leadership and business teams regarding privacy compliance requirements and activities in connection with privacy and other related legislation, regulations and industry standards.
- Participates in complex projects and assignments within OGC as the privacy subject matter expert, integrating privacy-by-design principles and establishing cross-functional, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiates and influences the adoption of privacy compliant solutions with all OGC stakeholders using diplomacy, tact and persuasion.
- Designs, develops, implements and promotes awareness of OGC privacy procedures and guidelines to internal stakeholders.
- Designs, develops, implements and delivers privacy training presentations and materials to OGC employees.
- Designs, develops, and maintains oversight mechanisms to monitor and verify compliance with OGC privacy protocols and related legal and regulatory obligations.
- Creates and evolves privacy management program metrics, monitoring activities and drafting quarterly operations reports.
- Advanced knowledge of all Canadian Federal and Provincial privacy law and regulatory changes; conducts research on access and privacy issues. Knowledgeable of information security concepts and is able to apply privacy risk management principles to new and emerging technologies.
- Handles access to information requests, applying relevant privacy compliance requirements to each request and producing associated activity reports.
- Provides training and guidance to junior privacy team members, acting as a resource to aid in advancing their privacy knowledge and development.
- Performs other duties within competence, as assigned.
- A university degree or college diploma in business or a related field.
- Three to five years’ experience working in a privacy compliance role, preferably within an insurance or financial services organization.
- In depth knowledge and practical application of federal and provincial privacy legislation. A CIPP/C designation is preferred and/or willingness to attain.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical and legal information effectively and clearly to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and collaboratively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders to achieve privacy compliance requirements.
- Superior time management and organizational skills to manage multiple accountabilities and competing priorities with the ability to quickly adapt to unforeseen changes in priorities.
- Innovative and a self-starter with good research, analysis and report writing abilities meeting quality standards and deadlines and able to develop and implement new policies, procedures and practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneDrive and Adobe In-design software.
- A CRM designation is considered an asset.
- The ability to communicate in French (verbal and written) is considered an asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Industry-leading employer-paid group benefits that start on your first day
- Defined benefit pension plan
- 100% coverage of continuing education and licensing fees (including RIBO and AIC courses)
- Flexible work from home and hybrid options
- Opportunities for advancement
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online.
OTIP and its group of companies strive to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the recruitment and selection processes and provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
As a business, we protect what matters most to our members. As an employer, we value what matters most in our workplace. Together, this includes fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all. We are committed to learning and evolving so we can continue to celebrate what makes us special. You are who you are, and our differences are what make us unique.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.