ABM College is one of the leading career training institutions in Alberta and Ontario. Throughout its history, ABM College has provided students with professional training, academic knowledge, and the right skill set to meet employment market demands.
ABM College is currently looking for a highly experienced, dynamic, and highly creative Cybersecurity Instructor who has a passion for sharing their expertise and experiences to facilitate the delivery of quality education for the Cybersecurity Diploma of the college.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Create dynamic classroom learning experiences using various teaching strategies to facilitate adult learners in achieving learning objectives by the program objectives as set out in the curriculum.
- Ensure students are motivated to learn and maximize their potential.
- Develop different classroom strategies to ensure knowledge and skills acquisition and retention.
- Evaluate students’ performance through different academic assessments.
- Prepare academic reports (grading sheet, attendance, academic exercises, and assessments).
- Prepare and update course syllabus/outline and content if needed.
- Create lesson plans and course schedules.
- Actively participate to develop and updating curriculum, manuals, and guides as requested by the Coordinator and Academic Lead.
Education And Skills Requirements
- A degree, diploma, certificate, or professional designation in Cybersecurity and related fields.
- A minimum of 3 years of work-related experience.
- A minimum of 1 year of instructional experience or hold a training certificate in adult education.
- Deep understanding of network and computer security.
- Proficient in any other technical skills necessary to train the students to become successful Cybersecurity Specialists.
- Proficient in the technical and theory translation of the course.
- Results-driven, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Strong organizational, research, and accuracy skills.
- Sharp listening skills and critical thinking.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Must have sensitivity and ability to successfully interact with diverse populations.
- Committed to quality and a thorough approach to the work.