Data. Discovery. Better Health.
ICES is a world-leading health research and analytics institute. With a wealth of data and analytic expertise, we create trusted evidence that has changed health policy and practice and helps ensure better health for all.
Ready to discover more with us? Join our outstanding, collaborative team where your skills, knowledge and curiosity are valued and can change the future of health care.
At ICES, we recognize what matters most to our employees. Some of the great benefits of working at ICES include:
- Flexible remote work arrangements anywhere in Ontario
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Program
- HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Pension)
- Employee Assistance Program and Dialogue Well Being Program
- Generous vacation, float and caregiver days for all employees
- Education Fund and Dedicated Education Days
- Holiday Closure
- Perkopolis Employee Discount Program
Reporting to the Manager, Privacy, the Privacy Analyst is a member of the ICES Privacy and Legal Office. The ICES Privacy and Legal Office is an interdisciplinary team of privacy, compliance, risk, and legal professionals that provide a full complement of privacy, compliance, risk, and related legal services across the ICES Network
Responsibilities of the position include, but may not be limited to:
- Conducting privacy impact assessments on ICES projects, data holdings, systems, processes and third parties;
- Advising on privacy matters across the organization;
- Assisting with any privacy-related compliance work, including the IPC Triennial Review and review of privacy policies and procedures;
- Investigating privacy incidents and complaints in accordance with ICES policies and procedures;
- Keeping current on privacy trends and practices;
- Conducting privacy research;
- Drafting policies and other documents, as required by the Privacy and Legal Office;
- Participating actively as a member of the ICES Privacy and Legal Office;
- Contributing to the creation, support and delivery of ICES-wide privacy resources and information, including education, awareness and training;
- Consulting and liaising with internal and external parties to accomplish any of the above, including, ICES staff and scientists; data partners, privacy and security advisors; ICES service providers, auditors and consultants; and research ethics boards; and
- Other duties as may be assigned within the scope of this position.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Master’s or Law degree
- Minimum 3-year relevant work experience in privacy, law, regulation or compliance;
- CIPP/C certification or equivalent, (strongly preferred);
- Demonstrated command of privacy laws and privacy best practices;
- Experience drafting privacy impact assessments or legal documents where review, assessment and comprehension of complex documentation is required;
- Excellent analytic skills and detail-oriented approach to issues and analyses;
- Identifies issues and takes proactive action to solve problems, including adjusting to changing priorities as necessary;
- Sets and delivers high standards of personal work;
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to exercise discretion and good judgment; and
- Demonstrated aptitude for developing working relationships with a broad range of professionals and stakeholders at multiple levels.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
Security clearance may be required.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter detailing how their knowledge, skills and abilities match the scope of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at ICES. Due to the volume of applications received, only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted for further discussions.
ICES is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Applicants are asked to make accommodation requests to ICES and we will make every effort to ensure that accommodation requests are met throughout the recruitment process.