KUBRA’s head office in Mississauga is looking for an IT Risk Analyst
to join our growing IT Security team!
As an IT Risk Analyst, you will be a key player in maturing the IT risk and compliance practices at KUBRA through risk identification, measurement, mitigation, and reporting processes as well as ensuring that all internal business units and departments are operating in accordance with KUBRA’s Security and Privacy policies.
- Facilitate internal and external IT audits, as assigned e.g. SOX, SSAE 18, SOC 2 PCI DSS
- Manage change requests and the problem management tickets for security team initiated/assigned changes
- Conduct internal audits/reviews or controls testing, as assigned
- Participate in development of security policies, checklist and guidance documents, as well as security risk assessments
- Act as the first point of response for client RFP and Security questionnaires.
- Write Incident Reports (IRs) for the security department
- Ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory bodies
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively under minimal supervision
- Superior organizational skills with a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and successfully complete tasks while working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Solid multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage and balance large volumes of work
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to exercise judgment when dealing with problems or issues that may arise
- Team-player with strong interpersonal skills and a professional attitude capable of fostering strong working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization as well as external contacts
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential material
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to plan, research topics and be creative
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in an IT Risk or Compliance Analyst role
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or a related field
- The following certifications are highly preferred, but not required CISSP (Desired), CISM, CRISC, PCIP and other industry recognized certifications.
- Award-winning culture that fosters growth, diversity and inclusion for all
- Paid day off for your birthday
- Access to LinkedIn learning courses
- Continued education with our education reimbursement program
- Flexible schedules
- Two paid days for volunteer opportunities
KUBRA is a fast-growing company that delivers customer communications solutions to some of the largest utility, insurance, and government entities across North America. KUBRA offers billing and payments, mapping, mobile apps, proactive communications, and artificial intelligence solutions for customers. With more than 1.5 billion customer interactions annually, KUBRA services reach over 40% of households in the U.S. and Canada. KUBRA is an operating subsidiary of Hearst.
Our office is small enough to allow creative individuals to flourish, yet large enough to provide long-term stability. We place a tremendous amount of responsibility on our team members to be productive, focused and self-motivated. We offer a casual work environment, competitive compensation and a stellar benefits program.
KUBRA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.