Why join us?
Are you looking to join an innovative, global real estate company who builds communities and connects people to exceptional places? If so, we would love to tell you our story.
At Oxford, our culture is truly one of a kind. Across business lines and around the world, we embrace the complex and tackle opportunities with speed and agility. We are ambitious and humble, forward looking and service-focused. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live. We believe that what is good for the environment is good for business. Together we deliver exceptional experiences to our over 2 million daily customers.
We are looking for a strategic, forward-thinking, well organized individual to join our growing team as a Network Analyst. Reporting to the Director, Operational Technology Cyber Security and Service Excellence, you will play a key role in monitoring, supporting, and maintaining the Operational Technology Network Infrastructure across Oxford’s directly managed portfolio of properties.
This is a dual mode role that will be playing in both the Network Operations space as well as the Security Operations space.As a member of Network Operations team, you will be responsible for
To succeed in this role, you have
- Integrate and maintain networking solutions that assist the organization in securing internal and cloud environments
- Implement security rules and workflow for incident, problem, and change management automation
- Enacting run books and play books as scenarios arise
- Act as part of the NOC/SOC team as an escalation point for security investigations, requests, and troubleshooting
- Work with third party NOC team as an escalation point for investigations, requests, and troubleshooting
- Work closely with site teams to deploy technical solutions
- Work closely with the Site Reliability Team and Site Reliability Operations team to resolve issues as escalated
- Monitoring industry trends as it pertains to the evolving technology landscape
- Enforcing as well as contributing to the creation of standards, policies, and other cyber security guidelines
- Deploy, maintain and work withing a suite of network operations and monitoring tools
- The ability to move between working independently and as part of a highly collaborative team
- Experience with network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds or Sciencelogic
- Experience with SIEM tools such as Splunk
- The ability to handle your workload, establish priorities, and proactively seek guidance when needed
- Strong analytical, logical reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Robust understanding of Operational Technology and or IoT devices as they pertain to network infrastructures
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet or other managed switching and routing technologies
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and an understanding of IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS delivery models
- Hands-on experience with cyber security technical capabilities (firewalls, IPS/IDS, anti-malware/EDR, vulnerability scanners, privileged access management, SIEM, etc.)
- Familiarity with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, Python, etc.)
- An understanding of industry standard cyber security frameworks such as NIST, CIS, ISO, etc.
- 2+ years’ experience information security, network security, or cyber security roles
- 2+ years as a network admin, system admin, site reliability engineer, or similar is strongly preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in technology, engineering, business, or another relevant discipline, but candidates with an equivalent level of education and/or experience will be considered
- An industry standard certification (CCNA, CCIE, NSE etc.), strong candidates without this certification will be considered, provided they are willing to work toward obtaining one
- The ability to excel in a diverse, inclusive environment in which you have the opportunity to partner closely with colleagues and stakeholders from all across the world
- The ability to work on 24/7 on-call schedule if required
Oxford Properties Group (“Oxford”) is a leading global real estate investor, asset manager and business builder. It builds, buys and grows defined real estate operating business with world-class management teams. Established in 1960, Oxford and its portfolio companies manage approximately C$70 billion of assets across four continents on behalf of their investment partners. Oxford’s owned portfolio encompasses office, logistics, retail, multifamily residential, life sciences and hotels; it spans more than 150 million square feet in global gateway cities and high-growth hubs. A thematic investor with a committed source of capital, Oxford invests in properties, portfolios, development sites, debt, securities and real estate businesses across the risk-reward spectrum. Together with its portfolio companies, Oxford is one of the world’s most active developers with over 100 projects currently underway globally across all major asset classes. Oxford is owned by OMERS, the Canadian defined benefit pension plan for Ontario's municipal employees.
For more information on Oxford, visit www.oxfordproperties.com
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At OMERS inclusion and diversity means belonging. How we create a sense of belonging is through our employees and our vast network of Employee Resource Groups. Whether you are passionate about gender, pride, or visible minorities, we have groups that are focused on making a difference in all of our lives.Vaccination Policy
At OMERS and Oxford the office or worksite is our primary place of work. We are committed to providing work environments which promote the health, safety and well-being of all employees in accordance with public health regulation and guidance. Accordingly, employees are required to provide evidence of full vaccination or have an approved exemption.