The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and how we can help you build a career you’re proud of. As a student at PCL, you will get the opportunity for challenging work assignments in a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
We are seeking Cybersecurity Student
for our North American Headquarters (Edmonton, AB)
who is available for 8-12 months
starting in September 2023
As a CybersecurityStudent
and depending on your assigned project, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our team by:Responsibilities
- Investigates cyber security incidents and threats
- Performs network security monitoring, improve the detection of incidents
- Improves the detection, escalation, containment, and resolution of incidents
- Reviews and interprets alerts and provides diagnostics during incident management and analysis to support clients
- Based on the nature of the security threat, assesses and establishes mitigation steps to ensure appropriate treatment as well as ensure the customer and management are notified as appropriate
- Automation / Business Process Improvements / Scripting
- Incident Escalations
- Helps maintain and manage Internet of Things (IoT) devices
- Uses PowerBI dashboards to visualize business related data
- Assists with Research and Development initiatives for a given project
- Supports the team in providing business process, application requirements definition, and documentation for a given project
- Interacts with project managers, business area stakeholders and department managers
- Always on top of the latest technology trends
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Flexible and reliable, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to think logically and analytically, and to constructively express ideas and concepts
- Ability to work under pressure in a team setting
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Python, scripting best practices, ServiceNow, and Microsoft Azure and Office 365
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts – Subnetting, LAN, WAN, VLAN, etc.
- Ability & willingness to learn a programming or scripting language, such as PowerShell, .NET, ServiceNow, or C# to accomplish the completion of one or more automation tasks
Please note that candidates who have been selected to move forward to the next stage of the recruitment process will receive an email to complete a short online video interview.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!Employee Status:
PCL Constructors Inc.Primary Location:
Edmonton, Alberta (Corporate)Job: