Computer Network & Cybersecurity Engineering Instructor
Do you want to be a part of a long-established and reputed post-secondary educational institution serving new Canadians? Are you a dedicated team player who is a smart self-starter with a strong work ethic and exceptional time management and project coordination skills? We are looking for savvy professionals to enhance our team as we expand our scope and delivery of innovative learning outcomes for our students.
Celebrating our remarkable 30th year anniversary in 2021, Computek College is one of Ontario's leading private career colleges dedicated to providing practical learning for newcomers to become employed. Our students learn from industry proven instructors, access special workshops that give them a competitive edge in the job market, and effectively leverage financial aid and career services. We offer several diploma and certification programs in business, healthcare, and technology with additional weeknight and weekend classes.
- We fundamentally believe that newcomers to Canada bring with them, knowledge and skills that affords them the right to decent work. We acknowledge their inherent dignity, wisdom, and agency.
- We are committed, therefore, to providing a nurturing learning environment that is equitable and inclusive where our newcomer students can realize their full potential.
- By facilitating the free expression of diverse perspectives in a respectful manner on campus, we create conditions for our diverse student body and staff to make a positive difference in all aspects of our college.
We are looking for a dedicated Computer Network and Cybersecurity Engineering Instructor to join our Faculty department.
Duties: Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete all teaching administrative tasks on student CRM such as classroom attendance, evaluation results, grade submissions and other student records within deadlines.
- Develop, design, and update the course curriculum to ensure optimum student learning, encourage classroom discussions and constantly build student engagement.
- Teach in the Computer Network & Cybersecurity areas such as CompTia A+, Security+, Network+, CCNA, CCNP, Cloud Infrastructure, CISSP, ethical hacking, windows operating system, information security, mobile application security, etc.
- Stay abreast with latest developments in the field of cybersecurity, information security and computer networks.
- Plan classroom instructions ahead of time to ensure best student learning.
- Select appropriate teaching method to adapt to various students’ needs.
- When required, act as an advisor, counsel the students about course.
- Be a mentor and coach to the students, guide them on how to be best prepared and navigate them through the course.
- Maintain a positive attitude in interactions with colleagues, staff and students and proactively participate in resolving students’ concerns.
- Develop skills in students with an objective of preparing them for successful and practical application of acquired learning in real world.
- Stay current in their discipline area by engaging in on-going professional development, including back-to-industry, attending conferences and trainings.
- Participate in faculty meetings, professional meetings, student functions and other activities of the college.
- Abide by the college policies and demonstrate Computek College’s values.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications, Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, IT or computer related subject in related discipline.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience as Instructors preferably within the higher education or services sector
- Discipline specific certifications such as CompTIA+, CCNA, MS Windows Server 2016, CEH
- Experience in managing International students by creating a climate in which students want to do their best
- Commitment to cultural diversity and ethical practice principles, and demonstrate knowledge of equal treatment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintaining confidentiality
How to Apply: Please apply on LinkedIn with your resume and cover letter. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
THIS POSITION IS PART-TIME, PERMANENT AND CURRENTLY REMOTE.
CLASSES ARE CURRENTLY HELD ONLINE.
Computek College is an inclusive work environment and as such has a workplace accommodation policy in place. Accommodations are available, upon request, for the interview process and other selection stages for job applicants with accessibility needs.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- What industry certifications do you have?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)