For our location in Montréal (Quebec H2G 2J6) we are looking for a motivated Spam and Phishing Detection Analyst for 40 hours/week to start immediately or as soon as possible!
Our spam and phishing detection analysts make our Security Operations team at Hornetsecurity. The team ensures that Hornetsecurity's users work in the safest environment possible. Our spam and phishing detection analysts examine reported threat emails and train our detection engines to achieve the highest detection rates in the email security industry. In addition to continuously monitoring our anomaly detection system for spam and phishing activity, they also analyze reports from our clients regarding incorrectly classified emails. Likewise, our analysts are experts at identifying trends and developing detection rules. The team collaborates closely with our technology development team to produce new detection breakthroughs for emerging threats.
- You thoroughly evaluate emails and categorize them as spam, malware, or phishing for rules engineering or supervised machine learning.
- You review reports received by our user base on falsely classified emails.
- You are responsible for maintaining and updating our detection rule databases by deriving patterns from emails and email campaigns and converting them into detection rules.
- You discover and counteract emerging spam, malware, phishing tactics, and attack campaigns.
- You contribute to our threat detection automation by offering comments to the development team or by assisting with the development of detection automation.
- You possess a technical degree (BAC/DEC) in a technology-related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You are proficient with email technology (SMTP) and email security concepts, including phishing, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC.
- You are familiar with regular expressions and sub-netting (CIDR syntax).
- Ideally, you have experience with pattern recognition programs such as Yara and ClamAV.
- You should ideally have essential scripting experience (Bash and Python preferred).
- You are curious, self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- You value teamwork and creative problem-solving.
- You are dependable, trustworthy, and competent to operate under pressure.
- You speak and write English and French with fluency.
- Additional Sick Leave & Public Holidays.
- Collective Insurance Plan.
- Way to Work Goodie.
- Health & Wellness Fund.
- Free space for innovation and independent action.
- Short decision paths and flat hierarchies in an open work atmosphere.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Attractive and performance-related compensation.
- No dress code – you can come to work as you like.
- Delicious coffee, tea and fresh fruit every day for free.
- Free Book Policy – we will order your reference books.
- Regular pizza meetings for an interdisciplinary exchange.
- Unlimited contracts.
- Fast growing international company with a promising future and no limits to growth
- in your professional career.
Do you want to help shape the growth and success of the Hornetsecurity Group? Then apply now with
- Your CV in English as PDF document.
- Your earliest starting date and your salary expectation.