Now part of CDW, Sirius Computer Solutions is a growing, award-winning IT Solutions provider and Managed Services provider. We currently have multiple Analyst opportunities in our Mississauga, ON Security Operations Center; remote candidates will also be considered for this role. Come join our team, working in a collaborative, supportive environment with strong opportunities for growth.
The Analyst – Managed Security Services provides first-level technical client support, upholds defined service level agreements (SLA) and customer service excellence. The Analyst focuses on developing their knowledge, technical expertise, execute in line with processes and procedures documentation, and provide quality management improvement feedbacks to management.
For this role, we are seeking an individual with Palo Alto NGFW knowledge and skills.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
24x7 Support – 80% job weight
- Monitors and resolves first-level support requests across all managed technologies. Escalates second-level support to senior team members.
- Collects and disseminates information to clients during and post-incident.
- Identifies, records, and escalates service performance trends, anomalies, and SLA breaches to senior leadership.
- Applies Trusted Advisor techniques to build up client trust and influence
- Carries out initial triaging, first-level analysis, and resolution of Security incidents across supported platforms.
- Staging and implementation of approved changes.
- Monitors and manages request and incident queues and provides response and resolution within Service Level Agreement and Service level objective metrics parameters.
- Initiates real time incident response on affected endpoints by running approved scripts to remove indicators of attack.
- Carries out 24 by 7 monitoring of up times on all managed platforms and perform daily health checks on managed SIEM infrastructure.
- Carries out on-demand vulnerability management scans based on clients’ requests.
- Carries out Rapid IOC searches based on given IOC obtained from threat intelligence feeds across clients’ SIEM infrastructure and Endpoint detection and response platforms.
- Troubleshoots and resolves connectivity issues on firewalls and proxy devices.
- Opens technical support cases with respective vendors where applicable.
Professional Development – 20% job weight
- Attends training sessions or shadowing activities and obtains industry and technology related certifications as determined by the Manager.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S) or 3-years diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or a Technology related field
Other Position Requirements:
- The candidate must be proactive and pay attention to details.
- Works collaboratively with other teammates.
- Takes ownership and drives issues towards a resolution.
- Demonstrated a good understanding of IT infrastructure systems, Cybersecurity fundamentals, vulnerability management fundamentals, Endpoint and Server administrations, Network routing and switching, Network traffic analysis and administration.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire technical skills and certifications required to effectively execute the role, develop familiarity with industry or specialty products/services, and apply the knowledge gained through
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and use standard operating procedures and processes to resolve
- Demonstrated good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Possess an innate curiosity and critical thinking mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and contribute to team objectives in a consulting
- Demonstrated good verbal, written communication skills and the confidence to engage the clients effectively.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills.
- Experience responding to security alerts and performing analysis on them
- At least 1 year of IT work experience that includes firewall configuration and administration with Palo Alto and/or Checkpoint, SIEM tools, and cloud security
- At least one (1) technical certification in the technologies for which Sirius offers Managed Security
- These may include, but are not limited to: Check Point: CCSA, CCSE: Cisco; CCNA-Security, CCNP – Security, CCIE – Security; Blue Coat: BCCPA, BCCPE; Palo Alto: ACE, PCNSE; QRadar; SANS GCIA, GCIH, Splunk, LogRhythm, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or similar technology certifications
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us:
Culture, coworkers, careers. CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.