Corporate Services – IT Operations
Status 1 Regular Full Time
Salary Range $86,443 to $108,052 per annum (plus comprehensive benefits)
Work Mode Remote
*see below for more details about this work mode.
10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton; ability to travel to various regional locations
Hours of Work
35 hours per week; able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, on-call rotation and/or shift work
The Senior Security Analyst is responsible for introducing new security technology products into the environment and ensuring that the infrastructure is built to established quality standards to meet the functional needs of regional business. In this role you'll also provide expert knowledge for securing the production environment against unauthorized access and integrity violations of the production network, of the business applications and their associated databases, and of the data under the IT custodianship, in strict compliance with the enterprise and business security policies. The security technology includes firewalls, virtual private networks, endpoint protection discovery and response, intrusion prevention, cloud access security broker, Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, as well as other associated components. As the Senior Security Analyst provides technical leadership for Security Analysts.
What you will do in this role
- Provides technical leadership, advice, and guidance to Security Analysts on new or complex technical solutions or problems
- Researches and recommends new products or services to improve service delivery to their supervisor
- Provides expert advice in the selection of new security products or services
- Provides in-depth senior level technical knowledge (workaround, root cause analysis, and permanent resolution) to resolve complex problems in the security environment.
- These problems may include complexity in migration, interoperability (multiple support organizations, manufacturers or software), or have not been encountered before
- Participates in projects to research, evaluate, test and implement changes/enhancements to the security technology
- Reviews and approves technical documentation prepared by Security Analysts
- Performs quality assurance on new product builds by Security Analysts prior to deployment
- Analyses patches recommended by manufacturers and determines the severity of vulnerabilities and the stability of the patch prior to patch deployment
- Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Section and/or the Division
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team, including other IT staff and departmental staff, contributing requirements and costs to IT project plans, operating plans, implementation plans, and ongoing support of IT services delivery
- Works in partnership with project teams to provide input on new service delivery offerings
- Maintains and upgrades skills in relation to new technologies
- Performs all duties in accordance with IT standards and procedures
What the role requires
- University or college graduate in computer science or related discipline with minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar technology infrastructure environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expert knowledge of networking systems (DNS, Active Directory and Azure Active Directory), protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, LAN, WAN, VoIP, xDSL, TCP/IP and 802.1x.
- Proficiency with security/authority systems in use at the Region of Peel (e.g. firewalls, virtual private networks, endpoint protection discovery and response, intrusion prevention, cloud access security broker, Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, as well as other associated components
- Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention system and protocols, penetration and vulnerability testing, advanced threat protection, mail & web filters, security information and event management, network protocols and packet analysis tools
- Progressive technical knowledge and knowledge of best practices in Information Technology service delivery such as SDLC, PMBOK, COBIT and ITIL
- Demonstrates attention to detail, practical problem solving abilities, ability to proactively identify opportunities and quickly implement solutions
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to build and foster partnerships with clients, technical team, and management in an audience-friendly manner
- Driven to continual improvement of processes and working environment
- Able to handle fluctuating workloads, conflicting priorities, and concurrent activities
- Able to work independently and has the desire to learn and share knowledge with team members
- Effective team player with excellent customer service skills along with a demonstrated commitment to service excellence, quality and client communication
- Demonstrates analytical skills along with excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Exercise sound judgement and make decisions within scope of position
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
Nice to have
- Certification in PMBOK, COBIT and ITIL an asset
- Knowledge of following products like Check Point, Microsoft cloud security technologies, services and best practices, and Cisco security technologies will be considered an asset
- Certification in Information Security (e.g. CISSP, CISM. GIAC) is an asset
Perks @ Peel and why you will love working for us
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision benefit plan (effective start date)
- Automatic enrolment into OMERS pension plan
- Accrue Vacation on a monthly basis up to 3 weeks per annum
- 3 Paid personal days and floating holidays
- Flexible hours supporting your wellness and wellbeing
- Annual performance review and merit increases based on performance
- Supportive leadership and a culture of respect and inclusion
- Access to tuition reimbursement (where applicable) and learning and development resources
Work Mode & Job Location
In this role you will have the ability to work remotely and attend on-site when required based on operational requirements at the 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton
worksite. The frequency of on-site activities may vary on a weekly basis and based on operational requirements. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
The Region of Peel offers job based flexible hours of work that allows employees to manage personal and professional responsibilities while at the same time ensures business operational needs and customer service expectations are achieved.
Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced COVID-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
Peel Region consists of the cities of Brampton and Mississauga, and the town of Caledon. The Region of Peel delivers essential services to more than 1.5 million residents and approximately 175,000 businesses.
We’re working to create a community that is safe, inclusive, and accessible. A place where everyone feels they belong and can access the services they need to thrive throughout each stage of life.
Our workforce is 6,500 strong and since 1974, we’ve been delivering a wide range of resident focused services. Our services include paramedic services, health programs, long-term care and services for seniors, child care support, garbage collection and recycling, waste water and water treatment, road maintenance, financial assistance, and housing support.
Recognized by Canada's Healthy Workplace Month® with the Great Employer Award
presented by Excellence Canada, the Region of Peel is a place where everyone feels they belong. We strive to develop a workplace that values and respects diversity, practices inclusion, recognizes the unique contributions and abilities of all people and facilitates innovative thinking. At Region of Peel, people come first. Each employee has an important role within our community and when we work together, it’s impactful. We encourage you to join us in delivering essential services and programs to our diverse community. You won't find a better opportunity than the Region of Peel.
The Region of Peel is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is respected and valued for their contributions, and where everyone is treated fairly and has opportunity to grow and develop. As one of the most diverse regions in Canada, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the population we serve.
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.